Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Bowmaster Portable Bow Press >

Bowmaster Portable Bow Press

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Bowmaster Portable Bow Press

Old 02-22-2008, 10:14 PM
Typical Buck

Default Bowmaster Portable Bow Press

I have 3 split limb compound crossbows and would to work on them myself, does anyone know if the press will work on a crossbow, you have to use the split limb adapter.

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10151&catalogId=10001&a mp;langId=-1&partNumber=9605&hvarTarget=search&cm Cat=SearchResults
Old 02-23-2008, 12:41 AM
KLV

Default RE: Bowmaster Portable Bow Press

I have one and I haven't been able to figure out how to make it short enough to work on my Darton Impact which is 28" axle to axle and 29.5" tip to tip. If I could figure it out, I'm sure it would work just fine. Mine is several years old and will work on my Hoyt Viper compound which is 34" axle to axle. Maybe the newer ones will adjust to a shorter length to work on some of these parallel limb bows that are less than 30" axle t axle.
Old 02-23-2008, 05:48 AM
Banned

Here you go:

http://www.rockymountainarchery.ca/turnbuckle.html
Old 02-23-2008, 05:08 PM
Typical Buck

I emailed Bowmaster and here is what they said, [/align]"Thank you for your interest in the Bowmaster® portable bow press. I am sorry, but the Bowmaster was not designed to be used on crossbows. We have been looking for something to recommend to customers with your question but we have not found any portable press for crossbows as of yet. You may want to call the manufacture of your crossbow and see if they can recommend anything. Apple Archery does make a full size press for crossbows. http://www.applearchery.com/0291.htm I am sorry we could not be of more help.[/align][/align]If you need any additional information or have any questions, please feel free to contact us. Thank you again for your interest in our products."[/align][/align][size=2 family="sansserif"][email protected]
www.prototechind.com[/size]
[/align][/align]If you would be interested in a crossbow version, let them know. . .[/align]
Old 02-24-2008, 10:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

if you pull your string back and cock it, you could almost make something to hold limbs.

this idea was awshucks and dagriz shows about same thing .

if your string was bro,i would say the dagriz thing would be great, if not,you only need something that WILL hold limbs after you cock it,then you could remove your string and replace it.

i was hoping that someone would come up with a homemade thing we could make that would hold limbs and allow string to be changed.
Old 02-25-2008, 04:14 PM
Typical Buck

I wonder how a long piece of all thread with U shaped plastic blocks on each end would work. The U shape would be forcam clearance and would have to hold the ends captively. I think this could be done easily, but I fear how safe it would be. I guess I could figure the force, size the all thread and design something, but. . .naw that sounds like work. Where is a consultant when you need one!
Old 02-25-2008, 07:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

i was looking at my horton.
if you had threadedrod it would lay on top of rail.
question is would it go thru hole in limb at end,if so, it would work.

i was thinking of CABLE with something on each end that could slide thru hole and turn in hole, then release your bow string.

cable would be easier to use on top of the rail than a rod, i think.

i would not use this idea to tighten up your limbs, only to hold limbs so you can change the string after you cock your bow.

awshuckscommented on this.

if you are not going to replace broken string,anything that holds the limbs after cocked,would work ,just i dont have real idea of what to use,1/4 inch threaded rod, i feel would hold it with nut and some kind of washer on top of rail thru hole if rod will go thru.