Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowfishing
 silver carp dvd coming soon >

silver carp dvd coming soon

Community
Bowfishing Everything from carp to gator to gar, from the rivers to the oceans; this is the place to share information and stories about bowfishing.

silver carp dvd coming soon

Old 09-16-2006, 08:59 AM

Default silver carp dvd coming soon

well i finally did it. we been out all week taping footage of the silver carp for a dvd that i have been dreaming about for years. its up to editing now but with the 37hrs of raw footage it has the potential of being an awesome dvd. we taped over 10,000 fish jumping (over 1000 in one 1min take). we have over 75 shots of fish taken in mid air and some stuff you never would believe except we have it on tape. to do this dvd i had alot of help thanks to everyone without their help we never could have gotten some of the one of a kind footage we got. the film crew will be getting with the edit crew in about a week(they have to film a show in colorado for American trophy hunters) and we hope to have a release date in the beginning of December.

Report to moderator 66.112.114.184
Old 09-16-2006, 09:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: silver carp dvd coming soon

Can't wait. I hope editing goes as well (and as fast) as you plan.
I can tell everyone there is a bunch of fish. Christine and I were lucky enough to get invited along to witness and show off our aerial shooting prowess. Turns out all we showed was a lack of skill. At one point though, all we could do was duck and cover. There were so many fish in the air that shooting was all but impossible. I nearly had my bow knocked out of my hand and my arrow was knocked off the rest twice, once while I was drawing back.
Sam told us that we didn't see the best of it. If that's the case, you're gonna want to see this video.
Old 09-18-2006, 01:33 PM
Super Moderator

I have to give Sam and his crew a lot of credit on this effort. This wasn't a half-arsed deal. He had just about every camera angle possible and shot plenty of footage.

Hopefully, it comes together in the editing room. It will be hard to capture just how much of a riot it is when there are dozens and dozens of fish raining all around you. If it shows just a tenth of that fun, it will be a hit. I trust it will.

Good luck with the DVD Sam and thanks for inviting us along!
Old 09-18-2006, 09:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Can't wait to see it Sam. I heard that you're going all out with it, so I wish you lots of luck.

P.S.

If you want some good shooters to make a cameo or something, I hear Team Carp-enders are pretty good.