Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowfishing
 How I spent my Easter. >

How I spent my Easter.

Community
Bowfishing Everything from carp to gator to gar, from the rivers to the oceans; this is the place to share information and stories about bowfishing.

How I spent my Easter.

Old 04-22-2006, 08:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default How I spent my Easter.

First time out this year, and I got 8 to shore. I went wading my little creek over here and this is all I found. Bad thing about shooting a small creek; when you spook em, they take off down stream and spook everything they pass. Still, I'm not complaining.

Oh, and my wife got a good one of me shooting. She caught the arrow mid-flight!

Old 04-22-2006, 09:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How I spent my Easter.

awseme time and photo
Old 04-23-2006, 06:14 AM

How much and where would i get a better reel like the one you have? The reel i have is a piece of junk! I just started yesterday and i kind of jimmy rigged my set up. I just used my old high cuntry silent hunter, and a bowfishing arrow, and a little plastic spool type thing that is a pain in the butt.
Old 04-23-2006, 01:16 PM
Fork Horn

The reel he has looks like the one i use and if i remember correctly it is called a zebco. Anyways their like 25 dollars at walmart. Make sure the hole the line comes out is the big version it works better its about as big around as a nickle. hope this helps.
JOE
Old 04-23-2006, 03:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

yes deer hunter they are a hassle i would buy one off www.sullysbowfishing.com

sully has a good bowfishing buisness going right now its hard to find the stuff you need . he has 2-3 different brands of those reelsand you will need a real seat to screw in
Old 04-23-2006, 07:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

That reel is a Shakespeare Synergy Steel. I got it at Walmart for $25-$30. It's very similar to the Zebcos. The opening is bigger, so bowfishing-line flies out of it very well. I have it mounted on the bow with a Fuzzmount that bolts right to the riser. It's a nice setup, but the reel is pretty heavy, and makes the bow lean a little to the right. A reel-seat would be a bit more comfortable to use, since it keeps the reel centered on the bow and below the grip. I couldn't figure out how to mount mine without it coming loose every time I reeled in a fish. I believe Robow has a way of mounting one that won't come loose.
Old 04-24-2006, 08:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Reels and retrievers are the way to go once you get into it.
The hand wound spool will drive you nuts after a while, but they are a great way to get into bowfishing cheap.

I have the same Fuzz Mount that Bowman does, and it bugs me because of the way it leans you're always fighting it with your wrist. You can't beat this kind of reel for speed of retrieval and foolow up shots.