Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

missed!!!!!

Old 01-14-2005, 03:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: missed!!!!!

i dont know what happend all i know is i missed.....high or low i cant tell.....id have to have the deer right there again and line the hole in the tree with where she was standing....i did everything right....i just cant figure that miss out.....i had a good bit of time to think and set the hair trigger....relax....breath.....pick out the spot....i was going to bust her shoulder and blow out the lungs on the other side......she was quartering towards......gun went off nicely.....i didnt notice myself flinch or pull.....and i shoot a heck of alot...i notice when i do most of the times......i can call my groups and flyers before i see them just because i can feel myself.....i had a nice rest......the shooting bar on the front of the stand...and they were straight ahead of me.......ill never know.....ive shot pop bottles and targets that far..or almost that far.......ill be back there tomarow....same stand on that drive....only i think im taking the rifle to even up the odds a little since its the last day.......better believe im hanging my treestand next year and shooting from it......i want to know how i missed.......angle wasnt steep at all.....the ground kinda rose to where the deer were then dropped over into the ditch......i remember my gun was almost level on the rest....hmmmm....shes there for me tomarow.....hope they come by me again......
Old 01-14-2005, 03:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Watch for twigs - sounds to me like that had more to do with your miss than any angle effect. The angle would have to be very sharp at muzzleloader ranges to make a significant difference. Let's face it, we all just flat out miss on occasion.

Hope they come by again for you.
Old 01-15-2005, 06:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

i have no problem admitting i missed....but when i do i like to find out why......may have been a branch somewhere i didnt see from the tree.....heck i think there was one 10 ft infront of the deer.....but i didnt think id hit it....i just might have......who knows......they are out there for me today....thats all that matters....the flinters staying in the truck until i take atleast 2 does today.....just hope i can get a few does in the freezer....very last day of deer season......its been a long rough season.....my bodys feeling the effects of hunting every day i could now....my bodys run down from having mono the week of the opener and i still went hunting....i never caught up from that......my ammune system is really low...and i got a cold.....i didnt bother to wake up and hunt the AM today...we dont start our drives till 11am....so im heading out now.....going to take stand for an hour or so.....then head to my buddys farm to meet the guys......cant wait.....long rough season.....but i had a blast....and got to make the flinter go boom.....all that matters.......