Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Think I picked one >

Think I picked one

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Think I picked one

Old 11-24-2004, 06:51 PM
Fork Horn

Default Think I picked one

Hey all,

As you might remember I posted on here a few days ago about which bp to get for the neighbor. Well after some discussion with his wife (mrs. santa lol) She decided to give me a $300 bare gun budget instead of kit.

I think I have decided to get him a .50 cal T/C Black Diamond XR, it is the 26" barrel and I found it for a good price I think..for a black syn stock and SS combo I found it for less than $300.

Is that a fair price for the SS model? Does anyone know of it cheaper elswhere?Is this a accurate all around deer gun.. lets say most shots will be sub 150 yards with it. Will it shoot that far decently, what about 180 yards?

I am going to give me a Bushnell dawn to dusk or the one with the illuminated crosshairs for xmas.. I am a life long bushnell fan so no trying to sway me there LOL

ALso what powder/bullet combos are you diamond users shooting so I know where to start as far as getting him a set up to start sending them down range xmas afternoon!! LOL

Or does anyone feel I am totally wrong about this gun and have their own suggestions...

By the way Santa if your reading this I want my ENcore to be Camo and SS !!!! LOL
Old 11-24-2004, 08:33 PM

Default RE: Think I picked one

The BD XR has an 28" Barrel the regular BD has the 26" Barrel. I have an BD Like you are looking at if you are interested. It us used but in very good condition, no dings or scratches. I'd keep it but the boss said send it down the road. If your interested i can send it to you in the original box with the paperwork.

Thanks,
Chris
Old 11-24-2004, 10:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

ccicora

The BD-XR has a 26" barrel
The BD has a 22-1/2" barrel
=============================================

eng40sqd

Cheapest I found the SS was $277 at ultout.com

On Friday, between 6:00AM and Noon, a majority of Gander Mountains will be selling the T/C Omega blued/synthetic for $299 while supplies last.
Old 11-24-2004, 10:27 PM

Triple seven, you are right. I pulled mine out of the safe and measured it. 22.5 inches. Its a nice size if you plan on hunting in tight quarters. Farthest shot I have done was 125yds. at a target. I know i was in the 6 in black but I forget where. Its for sale $175 plus shipping

Later,
Chris
Old 12-04-2004, 12:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

I own a Blk. Dia. XR SS Express HDGN. Great ML. accurate & i gave $296.97 before taxes. I started off using Hornady sabots & their 300gr. .452 pistol bullets. Tight is an under statement! Need a good range rod to push them down the bore. I have went to .451 size an it helped alot to ease the loading. I shoot 80gr. of 3f at this time. Its left over from my T/C Hawken & Renegade days. When its gone i will use the Pyrodex i bought.
Old 12-04-2004, 05:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot 80gr. of 3f at this time. Its left over from my T/C Hawken & Renegade days. When its gone i will use the Pyrodex i bought.
============================================

I started buying T/C Renegades & Hawkens AFTER I bought the Omega. You can buy an assortment of barrels for those sidelocks between 32-62 caliber.... a few shotgun barrels too.