Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
knight or encore??? >

knight or encore???

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

knight or encore???

Old 01-08-2002, 08:23 PM

Default RE: knight or encore???

I recently picked up a knight disc, and I love it. I too debated over which one to choose. I think both have the potential for excellent accuracy. Since I have a small collection of Tikka rifle's, I have no intention on swapping barrels. So if its a matter of fit, a person can order the Knight with a thumbhole stock. I decided to save the difference $$$ and put it into optics.
Old 01-09-2002, 06:17 PM

I had the knight disc for three years now.When you do a lot of shooting,trigger pull means a lot.If you have to yank on a trigger you are not going to hit what you think you are.Pick up the gun feel if it fits.As far as unloading the primer,just lift the bolt turn the gun and the disc will fall out.
Old 01-09-2002, 07:28 PM
Typical Buck

I read where knight was coming out with a new disc this year that leaves the action cleaner,because it closes the primer off mor,I have been trying to find out whether the new discs will fit the past yrs models.I just bought one last year.Any one know anything about it??
Old 01-09-2002, 11:16 PM
Typical Buck

I love my Encore. Can't compare it to a Knight as Ive never tryed one. If you are just after an accurate smoke pole the knight is cheaper and you can put extra money into a scope as someone else said. But at least you should try the feel of both before you deside.

I do not need a hammer extention on my Encore as I have normal thumbs.
Robin
Old 01-11-2002, 10:01 AM
Fork Horn

i borrowed a buddy's knight rifle this week. it shot great, but it is dirty. their trigger IS awesome. i am going to a gun show this weekend, so i will play with a few and see if i can make up my mind. i have to think that if i can find a good deal, i would go with the encore. if the trigger is as nice as the disc, but that will be pretty damn hard to beat.

T
Old 01-11-2002, 10:42 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-11-2002, 10:47 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-15-2002, 05:08 AM

The Encore is one of the nicest handling guns. It points and mounts to the shoulder almost by itself. I hunted with mine this year even during rifle season. They are all good but the Encore is a winner.

SOTHRDNK