Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Knight KRB Rolling block or Knight Revolution II >

Knight KRB Rolling block or Knight Revolution II

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Knight KRB Rolling block or Knight Revolution II

Old 02-06-2008, 08:42 PM

Default Knight KRB Rolling block or Knight Revolution II

Hey guys, I'm new to the site and have been searching for a new muzzle loader and have kind of decided to go with a Knight brand but am stuck between the KRB Rolling Block or the Revolution II. Will go stainless but I'm more concerned with ease of putting on/in the 209 primer. I know some of these muzzle loaders tocap are a pain and I don't have small slender fingers that would be conduciveto dexterity. Can any one help me out and tell me of their experiences with either of these two guns pros or cons. I would like to hear any input but would appreciate some input on the capping procedures and ease or hardness of doing it. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me on this.
Old 02-06-2008, 09:45 PM

Default RE: Knight KRB Rolling block or Knight Revolution II

I do not have a Rev. 2 But I do own a KRB7 it is a great shooter and to prime it is very easy all you do is drop the primer onto the block as you start to close the block it will slide into loading grove on its own ang when you pull back on block it will 9 times out of 10 eject the primer on its own and if it dosen't all you have to do is turn your gun to the side and it will fall right out on its own, You will not have a probblem with primming the KRB at all.

Ron
Old 02-06-2008, 11:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't own eather one but have handled the krb and the first rev. I like how both felt. the krb is on my short list for my next inline. and all the reviews I have read, they are great shooter.

if you don't mind me ask why not the kp1, I beleave it is also in the same price range. and you can also have a cf barral option.

Old 02-07-2008, 05:54 AM

Thank you, Ron & Corey for you fast replies. The KRB7 sounds like it would be a good gun and I didn't look into the KP1 because I just never have looked around before. Being a rookie and always having shot an el cheap-o CVA I just nevergave a different ML a thought. Well, not until I got on the net and found all the CVA's that are blowing up in peoples hands then I decided it was time to look around. I'm not knocking CVA's, I've owned three and never had much problem with any of them but I don't like pain. I will look into the kp1 and when I decide what I'm going to get I'll post it just in case someone is interested. My only real"must have" for the search for a new muzzle loaderis it has to have a Green Mountain barrel. Thanks again!
Old 02-07-2008, 12:27 PM

Done, done it.

Now that didn't take long did it? I bought a KRB7 stainless with a black composite stock $349.00 atthe local Scheels store. Now I have to find the correct stainlessbase,rings and scope.
You guys were a big help on this so where do I go to get a decentstainless/silver scope set-up? And, does the KRB7 take a special knight only base?
Old 02-07-2008, 12:48 PM

Congrats on the New KRB7 that is the same one I have , I put the weaver SSstyle #45 bases on mine !!!
I have the Leupold High Mounts in matt & a Bushnell 1.5X4.5X32 Matt .

The Scope you get Depends on how much you want to spend and what your hunting is like (IE) Open - thick cover - hardwoods ridges but I find that most hunting sitchuations can be handeled with a scope of a range of a 2x7 - 1.5x4.5 - fixed 4 power .

Ron
Old 02-07-2008, 01:37 PM

Beehek

I have not shot alot of saboted Bullets out of my krb as I bought it to shoot Conicals BUT the saboted bullets that I did Shoot Shot pritty darn good and I would think if I would Tweek around with the loades more it would shoot great.
But as far as shooting the Conicals all I can say is OOO YA Awsome !

Ron
Old 02-07-2008, 02:11 PM
Fork Horn

Killed three deer with my Revolution II this year. I've decided to sell it and keep the Extreme I just purchased.

I don't like the looks of the hammer safety on the KRB. My Revo II seemed a bit heavy but I've got the laminated stock.
Old 02-07-2008, 08:48 PM

Thanks for all the help and especially on the scope base and power but I have one question Ron, you said you put high rings on yours, why? Is it a personal preference or to clear the back sight? I was thinking of putting medium high ringson mine for my big 'ol punkin head just to make it a little more comfortable. I assume you put stainless base, rings and scope on yours also? I'll check out the Bushnell scopes, I'm not a big spender, nor do I have unlimited funds and I've owned a coupleBushnell scopes in the past that were just fine for myaverage shooting abilities. Getting close to retirement age and want to be careful on every thing I do now so thanks for the help. Everyone on this site has been very helpful and considerate of a rookie that just likes to harvest deer to make homemade jerky and sausage.Thanks again, all! Conicals, I'll look into those, I tried sabots and while I never lost a deer I sure had some long tracking and drags because they didn't expand worth a hoot. Must not of had much shock affect either, I guess because it didn't expand it just made two small holes, one in and one out. I can't remember the name but went to an uncoatedlead bullet with green plastic only on the bottom, in hollow point. Now that thing looks like a dinner plate when it gets done.
Old 02-07-2008, 11:57 PM

Beeheck

I used SS bases and the matt black or blued rings with matt black Scope
I used the High rings because it gave me a little more room for primeing. I tryed the Med. rings and they work ed but gust a little tight for primming with my stiff old hands.

The bullets with the green skirts you are talking about I think they are the Powerbelts.

Now most of the bore Diam. on the KRB are running between .503 & .503.5 so I found the best fit on the conicals to be the Hornady 385gr & 410gr GP

OR you can order some custom conicals From BullShop wich is the ones I am shooting .

www.bullshop.gunloads.com

Ron

Quick Reply: Knight KRB Rolling block or Knight Revolution II

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.