Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

cva breech plug

Old 01-03-2016, 07:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54
Hey, if ford would offer the banks turbo set up and jake brake set up on their trucks in factory form, folks wouldn't have to dump another 20k into their 70k truck
Does the OEM setup prevent the Ford truck from running any diesel fuel available at the pump?

Didn't think so.
Old 01-03-2016, 07:27 AM
Banned

sure does, it cant run bio diesel.
Old 01-03-2016, 07:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

sure does, it cant run bio diesel.
Interesting, but i wasn't aware the Bank's Turbo is needed. Bio diesel isnt available here at the pump.
http://www.utahbiodieselsupply.com/b...for-biodiesel/

https://www.ford.com/resources/ford/...e_Final_km.pdf

Last edited by Gm54-120; 01-03-2016 at 07:39 AM.
Old 01-03-2016, 07:39 AM
Banned

its a ford, they need all the help they can get
Old 01-03-2016, 07:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by muzzlestuffer
! if cva would have supplied both breech plugs and the 3 dollar install tool i wouldn't have had to spend almost 50 bucks buying that one! the shipping alone was 9.95 when it wouldn't have cost any money extra shipping if they included one with the gun. i still can't understand why a company would not include both plugs? do they think the extra 20 or 30 dollars for the extra would prevent somebody from buying there product ? your right about not needing the install tool but keep in mind some people don't want to use a external wrench on the outside of the bp me included!
It's been explained over and over why they don't, but all you can see is your side of it. I also told you how you can setup the BP to your gun without touching the outside knurling with anything.

Even though you paid max price for the BP. The gun and BP still came out cheaper than a Knight, or TC.

So, either way you're going to pay to use BH 209. Which btw is not the only powder there is to use. Of the two million muzzleloader hunters in the uS. How many do you think use BH 209?
Old 01-03-2016, 08:02 AM
Boone & Crockett

Hey, if ford would offer the banks turbo set up and jake brake set up on their trucks in factory form, folks wouldn't have to dump another 20k into their 70k truck
And how many people actually want those options on their Fords???? versus the number of people that would rather shoot BH versus White Hots. It is matter of the number of people asking for the the variations. Bet there are a lot more people tht would like their CVA ready to shoot BH.
Old 01-03-2016, 08:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by sabotloader
And how many people actually want those options on their Fords???? versus the number of people that would rather shoot BH versus White Hots. It is matter of the number of people asking for the the variations. Bet there are a lot more people tht would like their CVA ready to shoot BH.
It's not BH 209 or White Hots, and you know that Mike. It's BH 209 or all other powders and pellets.
Old 01-03-2016, 08:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

no i am actually very open minded to all sides of the issue but you still haven't understood what my post was about ! i myself and i want to purchase a gun that i can shoot any load or combination of loads without having to search for parts and having to pay all the extra money to ship this stuff ! not to mention these are not something that sportsmans warehouse or cabelas have on there shelves. i can't stand paying all the shipping charges ! i can say that at least more people are aware of this issue now and can make up there own minds on if it's right or wrong in there own mind if cva should ship a bhbp with there gun ?
Old 01-03-2016, 08:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by muzzlestuffer
no i am actually very open minded to all sides of the issue but you still haven't understood what my post was about ! i myself and i want to purchase a gun that i can shoot any load or combination of loads without having to search for parts and having to pay all the extra money to ship this stuff ! not to mention these are not something that sportsmans warehouse or cabelas have on there shelves. i can't stand paying all the shipping charges ! i can say that at least more people are aware of this issue now and can make up there own minds on if it's right or wrong in there own mind if cva should ship a bhbp with there gun ?
Just because I don't agree with you doesn't mean I don't understand what you mean. I'm trying to get you to see it from CVA's side.

Yes, you want the gun to come ready for any powder. Well, it doesn't, but the option is there to use any powder.

You must have known about Carlos if you hang around muzzy forums. He would have given you a better price on the gun, and modified the stock BP to shoot BH 209. He would have set the headspace so you get no blowback too. He even would have sighted in the gun for you if you wanted that. This is all for free while still giving you the best price of anywhere else you can buy the gun.

So, even if CVA has dropped the ball on this. Carlos has picked it up, and will give you a gun that CVA should be selling.

Now, you've told us enough about what you think CVA should do. It won't change anything. Your gun will work fine with BH 209 now. Go shoot it, and enjoy it. If there is a next time. Buy from Carlos.
Old 01-03-2016, 09:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
Just because I don't agree with you doesn't mean I don't understand what you mean. I'm trying to get you to see it from CVA's side.

Yes, you want the gun to come ready for any powder. Well, it doesn't, but the option is there to use any powder.

You must have known about Carlos if you hang around muzzy forums. He would have given you a better price on the gun, and modified the stock BP to shoot BH 209. He would have set the headspace so you get no blowback too. He even would have sighted in the gun for you if you wanted that. This is all for free while still giving you the best price of anywhere else you can buy the gun.

So, even if CVA has dropped the ball on this. Carlos has picked it up, and will give you a gun that CVA should be selling.

Now, you've told us enough about what you think CVA should do. It won't change anything. Your gun will work fine with BH 209 now. Go shoot it, and enjoy it. If there is a next time. Buy from Carlos.
actually i didn't know anything about it because iv'e only shot my white rifles and had no idea that these problems existed like i said i bought the gun quickly because it was on sale and since i was going to just sight it in and leave it back home i didn't put the homework i usually put into something before i make a purchase so that's my bad !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.