Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

cva breech plug

Old 12-28-2015, 09:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by super_hunt54
Hmmmm, 2011 for the latest suit seen here https://rpx-docs.s3.amazonaws.com/li...UWKALIEYBVOKDA Doesn't seem all that long ago to me. And this is just the latest suit. There were 6 others. I honestly don't see how CVA stays in business with all the money they have to pay out yearly on law suits.

As far as the Strike, TC (S&W) bought out the company and so far, that is absolutely the ONLY firearm from TC that they didn't design and build from the ground up. But if memory serves, the guys that initially made the Strike used to work for TC didn't they? Makes one think. As far as the Hawken, Damn near every ML company out there makes a version of the Hawken inspired rifle. TC's version happens to be one of the best of them. Pedersoli makes them as well and is probably the best of them. They aren't phony and I'm sure it gets old when you have thieving companies like CVA coming along on their heals all the time ripping their designs off.

Not even close. The TC Hawken is one of the worse Hawken replica. Surprisingly, one of the better ones was the CVA Mountain Rifle.

Yes, the compant was past TC employees, but TC had nothing to do with development. I guess TC can count it, because they used to work for them. I don't buy it.
Old 12-28-2015, 09:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

It's hard to read through all that mumbo jumbo of the law suit, but it seems TC sued CVA and Traditions for their patent on a break action, and QR breech plug.

Really? TC invented the break action? I also see no resemblance in the breech plugs. It's not even close to the same design, and if I might also say. CVA's design is better. It seals without the use of rings and o-rings that wear out. Is it the idea of a QR breech plug that they're suing for? Who's to say who had the idea first. The one who got it in production first? Please!

What happened to that law suit? Was there a winner? Just being sued is not a sign of guilt.
Old 12-28-2015, 10:03 AM
Banned

CVA really actually copied the older version of the NEF/H&R when they came out with the wolf and optima. I believe even wakeman states this as well.

Their new optima,wolf, accura dont really look like anything TC has. Some might say the encore, but i dont think so.

Even Knight was hit with infringement lawsuits. Then again, what company hasnt?

If thats the case, only Stanley or even Ford should be the only automakers
Old 12-28-2015, 10:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

Tony Knight may be the only one with an original idea with the plunger muzzleloader.
Old 12-28-2015, 10:26 AM
Banned

not really, those were around long before. Just not in wide use.
Old 12-28-2015, 11:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

By who? Got any info on them?
Old 12-28-2015, 11:53 AM
Banned

lookem up, they were around in the 1700's and even the 1800s. I believe doc white even made a copy of one of the originals. One was even an inline flintlock.
Old 12-28-2015, 12:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yes, the original inline. I knew about it. Not really the same gun as Knights. All i'm saying is Knight was way more original than TC.

TC is upset, because CVA outsells them. So, lets sue them.
Old 12-28-2015, 12:20 PM
Banned

the Wolf actually outsells TC's entire line up.
Old 12-28-2015, 12:43 PM
Spike

I have the CVA Accura V2 I bought in 2013. Its the SS barrel I did not have much success with Buck Horn powder or any Pyrodex pellets. I shoot the regular 209 primers.

I shoot Shockey's Gold loose powder with 100 grains, by volume, with a Hornady 250 grain XTP or XP jacket sabot. Its a tack driver now. 150 grains of powder was horrible. Killed a huge iowa 9 pt in 2014 at 130 yds and IL 8 pt with it this year point blank. I really like it now for sure, the breech plug can be a pain.

You should always keep one or two extra breech plugs handy. I buy them on-line and they always come with the wrench to install and pull out the breech plug. Its a good idea to use the CVA Accura breech plug wrench each time you put it in. If it not snug the hammer sticks which is bad when its crunch time.

Ive replace a few breech plugs for various reasons the past three years.

Be sure to keep the firing pin lubricated. It can get corroed Its seized up in Iowa once on me

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.