Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

cva breech plug

Old 12-28-2015, 07:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

To be serious. What did CVA copy from TC?
How about the Omega for starters. The Kodiak was a cheap copy of the Omega.
Old 12-28-2015, 07:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

I thought we were talking about the latest guns?

Both of those guns are gone, so maybe not such a good idea to begin with.

Wasn't the action done before on a Sharps anyway?
Old 12-28-2015, 07:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
I thought we were talking about the latest guns?
Your question did not specify latest guns or products.
Old 12-28-2015, 07:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Gm54-120
Your question did not specify latest guns or products.
Reread.......
Old 12-28-2015, 07:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

Changing the question to achieve a new answer does not make the original answer incorrect.

The fact remains CVA made millions on a copy of a T/C product and used that money to make newer models.
Old 12-28-2015, 08:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

I didn't change the question. What is it that CVA stole from TC. I don't see the action in the Omega as a good answer when TC took it from another gun.

Got anything else that TC actually invented, and CVA copied exactly?
Old 12-28-2015, 08:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

I don't see the action in the Omega as a good answer when TC took it from another gun.
Im sure no matter what example i give it wont be good enough for you. Feel free to look up the patent lawsuits.
Old 12-28-2015, 08:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

So, you have no answers?

They take credit for everything they had nothing to do with.

Here's their ad for the Strike. It looks like they claim they came up with the idea. We all know they just bought the company that did develop it. Not only the Strike, but they had to throw in they came up with the Hawken too. They're so phony.

"Legend has it lightning never strikes twice. In 1997 Thompson/Center revolutionized the world of muzzleloading. Looks like we’ve done it again. Meet the T/C STRIKE™, the trend setting striker fired muzzleloader with the innovative Adapt™ breech system, Armornite™ barrel coating, and legendary T/C barrel. The T/C STRIKE™ muzzleloader, only from Thompson/Center."
Old 12-28-2015, 09:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hmmmm, 2011 for the latest suit seen here https://rpx-docs.s3.amazonaws.com/li...UWKALIEYBVOKDA Doesn't seem all that long ago to me. And this is just the latest suit. There were 6 others. I honestly don't see how CVA stays in business with all the money they have to pay out yearly on law suits.

As far as the Strike, TC (S&W) bought out the company and so far, that is absolutely the ONLY firearm from TC that they didn't design and build from the ground up. But if memory serves, the guys that initially made the Strike used to work for TC didn't they? Makes one think. As far as the Hawken, Damn near every ML company out there makes a version of the Hawken inspired rifle. TC's version happens to be one of the best of them. Pedersoli makes them as well and is probably the best of them. They aren't phony and I'm sure it gets old when you have thieving companies like CVA coming along on their heals all the time ripping their designs off.
Old 12-28-2015, 09:40 AM
Boone & Crockett

Muley Hunter

I can not believe that you think that CVA has taken tons of designs from lots of different people and companies to further their efforts. Really should not blame it on CVA at all - the real CVA company was a strong company building decent muzzleloaders for the most part until one of there inline rifles 'backfired' on them. Then when BPI entered the picture nobodies ideal and thoughts were safe and really it wasn't even BPI. BPI is just a tax diversion name for the ML company headed by their conglomerate office in Spain.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.