Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
The truth about muzzleloading!!! >

The truth about muzzleloading!!!

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

The truth about muzzleloading!!!

Old 12-13-2015, 04:01 PM
Boone & Crockett

I'm not going to get into a pi$$ing contest here but I love my CVA Accura V2. Its accurate, reliable and good looking to boot. In fact, I've had 3 CVAs - An Optima Pro, Optima V2 (that I sold to my cousin unfired) and my Accura V2. Every one of them was/is more than accurate enough for my purposes. And shot everything I put down the muzzle well until I found the perfect load/projectile combo it really liked. And the price didn't break the wallet either.
If you want to call them junk go ahead and be my guest - it won't bother me any.

Last edited by bronko22000; 12-13-2015 at 04:04 PM.
Old 12-13-2015, 04:07 PM
1874sharpsshooter

Originally Posted by bronko22000
If you want to call them junk go ahead and be my guest - it won't bother me any.
Junk junk junk total absolute junk 😀 😀

Old 12-13-2015, 04:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Now MD, you of all people should know better than to bring up companies buying designs and slapping their name on it. TC bought ONE design. Period. CVA has YET to have an original design! EVER! Every single one of their rifles and handguns are either reproductions or flat out STOLEN from TC and you know it! They are cheap knockoffs and the company has been sued more times than one can count!

And yes Pete I have not only seen the results of shoddy barrels from CVA but have actually seen a bulge out firing from a NORMAL load. Not even a heavy magnum load but 90gr Goex 2f and a 300 gr connie. Chamber had a 3 inch long and almost half the barrel width bulge and no it wasn't double loaded or anything done wrong. Buddy was shooting right beside me at the range and I saw him load right after a shot. Was a CVA optima if I remember correctly. Of course the company replaced it and as soon as he got the new one in he sold it! So no I am NOT just spouting off BS from Randy Wakeman or any of the other nay BS artists. But I do see many many many many negative reviews of CVA products. Is their BS a thing of the past? Could be but more than likely not. And as far as testing, whoever said TC doesn't test their barrels is full of crap. Every barrel from TC is pressure tested and magnafluxed period! CVA barrels are the ones that skip the testing procedure MD and have been busted for it many times.
Old 12-13-2015, 04:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

There has to be a reason that you can get a CVA for $169.00! And it is not all in the fact there is cheap labor in Spain! No-one wonders about the quality of materials?

And really it doesn't matter if you want to buy a CVA - then you should do so.

I personally wonder how many CVA owners would really rather have something else but economics will not let it happen.

I have to admit my first inline ML was a CVA because it was on sale at Wal-Mart at a really good price so I could afford it. I could not afford a White - TC or a Knight at that time.

And yes I believe the quality of the CVA has improved over time - yes improved!
Old 12-13-2015, 05:03 PM
1874sharpsshooter

Originally Posted by sabotloader
There has to be a reason that you can get a CVA for $169.00! And it is not all in the fact there is cheap labor in Spain! No-one wonders about the quality of materials?

And really it doesn't matter if you want to buy a CVA - then you should do so.

I personally wonder how many CVA owners would really rather have something else but economics will not let it happen.

I have to admit my first inline ML was a CVA because it was on sale at Wal-Mart at a really good price so I could afford it. I could not afford a White - TC or a Knight at that time.

And yes I believe the quality of the CVA has improved over time - yes improved!
I had 5 CVAs at one time. 2 Optimas. 1 Optima pro, 1 Kodiak Pro and 1 Accura .
Best part of the whole thing is the little word "had" .

Old 12-13-2015, 05:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

You could buy a Knight DE last month for $254 shipped.

It's called a sale. Everybody does it.

Most everybody's arguments are weak on CVA's. I'm no CVA fanboy. I just hate to see a product bashed so bad when it's undeserved.

Especially, when it's against the rules here.

Why don't you just shoot the gun you like, and cut out the bashing. You're like a bunch of butt hurt kids.
Old 12-13-2015, 05:51 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by sabotloader
I can buy a T/C Impact for $199. Is $30 all that separates junk from top quality products?
Old 12-13-2015, 05:56 PM
1874sharpsshooter

Originally Posted by ram2
I can buy a T/C Impact for $199. Is $30 all that separates junk from top quality products?
Apparently, so get the TC impact 😀

Old 12-13-2015, 07:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

If that happens I'll just buy T/C'S and NULA'S
Or maybe a new Cooper. Those are rather nice.
Old 12-13-2015, 07:09 PM
1874sharpsshooter

Originally Posted by Gm54-120
Or maybe a new Cooper. Those are rather nice.
Coopers look nice . I wont buy one though for the simple fact that they crawled in bed with Toby . I personally think they will live to regret it .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.