Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
The truth about muzzleloading!!! >

The truth about muzzleloading!!!

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

The truth about muzzleloading!!!

Old 12-17-2015, 06:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BarnesAddict
4 pellets will be noticed when they're ignited. I do not shoot 4 pellets in mine, rather 3 T7M at 180grs. I use a PAST recoil pad and the muzzle brake certainly helps. However its not as bad as one thinks, unless one is recoil shy.

NOTE: The charges being discussed are ONLY to be used in custom rifles, proofed for those charges. These charges should never be used in production rifles or rifles who's manufacturer doesn't list them as an exceptable charge. Read your owners manual and follow all safety warnings.
When you say your shooting four cases of powder a year, is that all pellets or a mixture of powders? Your gonna end up shooting/wearing out that barrel I would think.
Old 12-17-2015, 06:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Grouse45
When you say your shooting four cases of powder a year, is that all pellets or a mixture of powders? Your gonna end up shooting/wearing out that barrel I would think.
I'm on my 4th case of pellets this year. Last year was more as it was a mixture. I've shot up to 2,000 rounds each year in the last 10yrs since retirement. I know a couple shooters who have fired well over 10,000 rounds through their rifles and haven't worn out the barrel or the original breech plug.
Old 12-17-2015, 06:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BarnesAddict
I'm on my 4th case of pellets this year. Last year was more as it was a mixture. I've shot up to 2,000 rounds each year in the last 10yrs since retirement. I know a couple shooters who have fired well over 10,000 rounds through their rifles and haven't worn out the barrel or the original breech plug.
Very impressive stuff, and I find this rifle very interesting. Thanks for the feed back.
Old 12-17-2015, 06:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

I used to shoot 2 cases a year when I was shooting CAS full time. That was out of the 4 guns you use in CAS. Plus, competing every weekend.

Now it's more like 6-7 lbs a year. Mostly all practice, because i'm not one to always be working on different loads. I find what load the gun likes, and just stay with it.

4 cases a year is a lot of shooting.
Old 12-17-2015, 08:32 AM
Dominant Buck

Impressive....