HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Black Powder (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder-23/)
-   -   The truth about muzzleloading!!! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder/403168-truth-about-muzzleloading.html)

Grouse45 12-11-2015 04:07 PM

The truth about muzzleloading!!!

The world is getting corrupt with very bad people. And it's all colors,religions, sex, etc. I see it on these forums, work, schools, malls. Parties etc. It absolutely shocks me how people will lie and say anything for attention.

And it really leads right back to Muzzleloading/Hunting. Super91, Underclock, and Randy Wakeman really helped me the most. And the most important thing I learned from them was they told it the way it was. White Rifles was a great example. The dirty white boys always thought they were the best, nothing's every wrong with a White. Well UnderClock and Super91 would tell you the truth. There were and are many issues with White rifles. Super91 used to and maybe still does custom out White Rifles. UnderClock loved them and probably still does but he new what was good and bad.

When it comes to muzzleoading rifles I went another direction. I don't think you gotta just own a White rifle for example. I think there are many really good options. If anyone asks me what they should buy I tell them what I like.

My number one choice today is a Knight Ultralite. It's my favorite and I helped design most of it. My second choice is a NULA. If this gun was stainless it would be number 1 but it's not. My third choice is a T/C Triumph. I absolutely love this gun. My 4th choice is a Knight Vision. This was a great, very accurate and cheap ML. Just recently the price has gone up and not sure why. I can do anything with all four of these Muzzleloaders I want.

I highly discourage anyone from CVA and Bergara barrels. There rifles have nothing but cheap parts and low quality materials. Bergara barrels are accurate but very weak in comparison to Green mountain and other barrel manufactures. But if you gotta own one, don't use over 110grns by volume of a bp substitute and a 250grn bullet.

Powders are very simple. BH209 is by far the best you can use with proper breech plug. When I factor time and materials BH209 is cheaper to me. But I can also use 777 and do everything I can with it I can with BH209 just more aggravation. I'm anti Pyrodex, and all the others on the market today.

Bullets are always a hot topic. I'll start with round balls. I've shot plenty of Deer with round balls to say 45 and 50cal round balls are not a great choice. I would highly suggest using at least 54cal if your in the market. I've also learned how much more effective saboted bullets are over round balls and prefer to use them. A couple Chronagraphs and some very east tests can show you that.

The number 1 saboted bullets are Bloodlines to me. If you research Ron Laughlins bullet testing it will also show you how well the Bloodlines are at all velocities compared to other bullets on the market. I also recommend the 275grn ballistic Extremes on Deer size game. I also reccomend the 260grn DeadCenters by Cecil Epps. They are fabulous bullets on all big game. The bullets I highly don't reccomend are powerbelts and big heavy conicals. I personally shot lots of Deer with powerbelts with horror stories even though I don't think I lost a Deer with them. At least I don't remember so anyway. I witnessed embarrassing results with big heavy conicals on hogs at least a couple years in a row. Even write ups in magazines about it. Not sure on Deer size game but I stay away from them myself.

People on these forums like to assume things and write things that are absolutely false. So my beliefs really haven't changed much over the last few years. But this is what I believe is the best and what I use.

I am testing some new bullets that I got mixed emotions on now but that's what I enjoy doing.

If people on this board wanna call me names or make assumptions on what I like so be it. But this is the facts of what I like and do. What you wanna believe I can't control.:s4:

1874sharpsshooter 12-11-2015 04:25 PM

In my opinion , for what its worth , the best bullets i have used are
Dead Centers
Bloodlines (lehigh)
Parker match hunters
Not necessarily in that order

Worst bullets i have used are Powerbelts
But i have no problem with and use heavy lead conicals

Best guns that i have besides my customs are
My Whites, ( Super 91) Knights ( original disc , elite , mountaineer) and Tc (Triumph or Omega ), for inlines anyway

1874sharpsshooter 12-11-2015 04:27 PM

P.s. And i dont need to lie for attention 😀

Muley Hunter 12-11-2015 04:33 PM

I don't need attention.

MountainDevil54 12-11-2015 05:13 PM

Obviously we are in that period of time where winter has set in...along with depression. Lol

Thors.
PowerShot Aerolights
Found balls

For me. And in no particular order.

Along with my weak barreled (brand bashing) CVA muzzies.

quigleysharps4570 12-11-2015 05:16 PM

I guess someone might get something out of that. :confused2:

Underclocked 12-11-2015 07:08 PM

I think the Accura MR in SS/black is probably the best rifle on the market for the money.

So there!! ;)

Blackpowdersmoke 12-11-2015 09:32 PM

Grouse...

I believe your username is fitting...

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/d...glish/grouse_2

BPS

Grouse45 12-12-2015 01:21 AM

Originally Posted by Blackpowdersmoke (Post 4232744)
Grouse...

I believe your username is fitting...

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/d...glish/grouse_2

BPS

Just validates what you said about people in this forum, thanks!!

sbuff 12-12-2015 04:41 AM

Cecil's bullets may be good but he sure messed up his nef breach plug, then after telling him about it and giving correct measurement I have heard nothing back, nothing . This is fact not false .

for that reason alone I won't support his product. I have seen and heard good results from the bloodline bullets but I have enough 300 gr deep curls to last a long long time.