Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Who gets it?

Old 12-15-2014, 04:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Trying to be a good neighbor I used to just warm people trespassing.
After telling one jerk to leave in 3 days in a row, I am no longer the good neighbor I am the AH that lives in that house behind the pines.

Also you do not need no trespassing signs posted in Michigan on your property.
Most all state & federal land has well marked boundary's.

Al

Last edited by alleyyooper; 12-15-2014 at 04:42 AM.
Old 12-15-2014, 10:07 AM
Spike

As a land owner I would've wanted them to show me the blood trail to verify they weren't trespassing and hadn't shot it on my property. At that point I've had happily given the kid his deer, I find it very strange that people would claim a deer in this situation.

In Idaho the law states that anyone who has a wounded deer cross onto private property that they don't have permission on, then they need to contact the land owner for permission. If they can't get in contact with the land owner, then they can call the F&G and an officer will ****** them to retrieve their deer. If they do get in contact with the land owner but are denied permission, then they can contact a F&G officer and will ultimately get permission to retrieve the deer...and the land owner will be cited for waste of game. So basically as a land owner we know we need to let people retrieve game or be cited. As a hunter who hates to see meat go to waste, I actually like that Idaho does it this way.
Old 12-15-2014, 10:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by archeryelk1
As a land owner I would've wanted them to show me the blood trail to verify they weren't trespassing and hadn't shot it on my property. At that point I've had happily given the kid his deer, I find it very strange that people would claim a deer in this situation.

In Idaho the law states that anyone who has a wounded deer cross onto private property that they don't have permission on, then they need to contact the land owner for permission. If they can't get in contact with the land owner, then they can call the F&G and an officer will ****** them to retrieve their deer. If they do get in contact with the land owner but are denied permission, then they can contact a F&G officer and will ultimately get permission to retrieve the deer...and the land owner will be cited for waste of game. So basically as a land owner we know we need to let people retrieve game or be cited. As a hunter who hates to see meat go to waste, I actually like that Idaho does it this way.
I like that Idaho law............
Old 12-15-2014, 10:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BarnesAddict
I like that Idaho law............
Me too!

A buddy of mine in VA was denied permission to get his 150-160" buck a few years ago that was literally 50yds across the neighbors line. He shot it, it ran and jumped a fence and died short distance from there. It was shot in a field, and the neighbors just happened to be out there on their side and heard the shot, and saw the deer come on their land and fall out. They were pissed he got it (they knew he was there and they were hunting him) so they told him he couldn't come on their land to get it.
They got in a huge argument, and my friend called the game warden and the GW came and ended up confiscating the deer because the neighbor wouldn't give it to him. Even though the blood started on my buddies side of the fence, the GW had no power over the landowners decision to deny my friend the deer. Nobody got the meat or horns. Was his biggest buck ever, and all he got was a cell phone pic of it as the GW was hauling it away.
Old 12-15-2014, 10:47 AM
Dominant Buck

that is the way it should be... I like that law.
Old 12-15-2014, 10:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Mind if I use that Idaho law in another forum close to how you wrote it? That's a great law. If you could share a link to that law, that would be great.
Old 12-15-2014, 12:57 PM
Spike

I can't find anywhere that it is spelled out exactly to that effect. It just says that no one can allow the waste of game and that hunters shall make a reasonable effort to retrieve game and have to ask permission to cross onto private property...but this is what an officer told a coworker of mine (Craig) a few years ago. Craig had a neighbor wake him up one morning and tell him that he just saw a wounded deer go behind his barn. When he went to check, sure enough a nice buck was laying behind his barn, but it was now dead. He called F&G and an officer came out. The officer attempted to locate the hunter who had arrowed the deer, but no success. While talking, he told Craig that the hunter would've needed to ask his permission to retrieve it. When Craig asked what happens if a land owner says no, the officer told him that then the hunter would've likely called him and he would've came out and let him get his deer anyway. The officer also said that if enough time had passed that the meat wasn't salvagable, then he would've cited Craig for waste of game. In this case the officer asked Craig if he liked deer meat, to which he answered yes. The officer had him go buy a license and tag, tag the deer, and then let him have it. Win win, as the officer didn't have to deal with the deer and Craig got a deer to put in the freezer.
Old 12-15-2014, 02:48 PM
Typical Buck

Granted guttin don,t take long but he still had to drag it over across those steep bluffs.This ain,t Archery,I wouldn,t have waited near that long if it was me but that,s water under the bridge.
Old 12-15-2014, 02:53 PM
Typical Buck

I know hear in Pa. you would be lucky to get a WCO to come out for that durin firearms season as as much as getting a ice cream cone in Death Valley.
Old 12-15-2014, 03:06 PM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by GOOD OLE BOY
I know hear in Pa. you would be lucky to get a WCO to come out for that durin firearms season as as much as getting a ice cream cone in Death Valley.
Same here... you call them and they are too busy currently. But will get back to you. Well by the time they do the problem is gone.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.