Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
My recent Experience with the "New" Knight Company >

My recent Experience with the "New" Knight Company

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

My recent Experience with the "New" Knight Company

Old 04-17-2012, 01:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Breechplug
Thank's Semi!
Also Insurance Companies Suck....they Cancelled most Crop Insurance because they say last winters hard cold caused a-lot of damage to this years crops, so this years crops have no insurance....so all this winters work and no crops this fall equals to no money for the year. Now this also means there wont be any money for another 17 Months, that's hard to try and live on.
At least I have My Wife, she's been a life saver and we'll just barely get by with the bills, and there's still Venison in the freezer.
But for the last month or so I've taken up a new hobby, Jack and Coke, one can only take so much befor he starts to feel useless, we've had 5 Freezes in the last 10 years that wiped out our Crops.
When we had that 70 and 80++ degree temps in March all my friends were Loving it, they enjoyed the weather so much! I Hated it! I tried to tell them that they have a Normal Job that no matter what the weather does they still go to work and get paid, in my line of work this weather gets everything to grow way too early, and then when a Freeze hits it kills it all and there's no Money for me while you just go back to work and collect your weekly pay like nothing happened, it does'nt effect you but it wipes me out.
I'll Play the Violin for me
Ya Semi
Oh but I do also feel Greatful that Im not one of the one's who lost there Homes in the recent break out of Tornados, things could be worse for me, I still have my wife and house. To any of you who have lost there Homes or a loved one from the tornados My Heart is with you and may God Bless and be with you.
Sorry about your luck man. I'm sure your do for some good Karma soon.
Old 04-17-2012, 02:40 PM
Dominant Buck

I have a couple of LK rifles that have the back safety knob all buggered up. It looks like the previous owner for some reason took a pliers or channel lock and turned them. At least they could have padded the knob so it did not get all messed up. But they work, and I shoot them. I took some touch up bluing and clean up most of the mess.

Breechplug.. sorry to hear about your troubles. I was saying the same thing when we had that 70 and 80 degree temps a while back. All were cheering the warm weather and I was telling them.. this is hard on crops. And sure as you know ... we had snow on the ground yesterday.
Old 04-17-2012, 02:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

They are saying the oak trees around here will have no acorns this year. They were leafing out and then we got down to 17 degrees last Wednesday morning.
Old 04-17-2012, 04:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by flounder33
They are saying the oak trees around here will have no acorns this year. They were leafing out and then we got down to 17 degrees last Wednesday morning.
It's going to be the same here with the Oaks, and all the Animals here need them for our hard northern winters. This weather is something this year. Tonights going down to mid 20's again, clear, calm and cold!