Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
My recent Experience with the "New" Knight Company >

My recent Experience with the "New" Knight Company

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

My recent Experience with the "New" Knight Company

Old 04-15-2012, 06:39 PM
Boone & Crockett

DAMN Breechplug. Sorry to hear that. What can one say but "hang in there buddy".
Old 04-15-2012, 06:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Semisane
DAMN Breechplug. Sorry to hear that. What can one say but "hang in there buddy".
Thank's Semi!
Also Insurance Companies Suck....they Cancelled most Crop Insurance because they say last winters hard cold caused a-lot of damage to this years crops, so this years crops have no insurance....so all this winters work and no crops this fall equals to no money for the year. Now this also means there wont be any money for another 17 Months, that's hard to try and live on.
At least I have My Wife, she's been a life saver and we'll just barely get by with the bills, and there's still Venison in the freezer.
But for the last month or so I've taken up a new hobby, Jack and Coke, one can only take so much befor he starts to feel useless, we've had 5 Freezes in the last 10 years that wiped out our Crops.
When we had that 70 and 80++ degree temps in March all my friends were Loving it, they enjoyed the weather so much! I Hated it! I tried to tell them that they have a Normal Job that no matter what the weather does they still go to work and get paid, in my line of work this weather gets everything to grow way too early, and then when a Freeze hits it kills it all and there's no Money for me while you just go back to work and collect your weekly pay like nothing happened, it does'nt effect you but it wipes me out.
I'll Play the Violin for me
Ya Semi
Oh but I do also feel Greatful that Im not one of the one's who lost there Homes in the recent break out of Tornados, things could be worse for me, I still have my wife and house. To any of you who have lost there Homes or a loved one from the tornados My Heart is with you and may God Bless and be with you.

Last edited by Breechplug; 04-15-2012 at 07:05 PM.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:04 PM
Boone & Crockett

I really feel for you man, as I'm sure all here do. But go easy with that new hobby. Sounds like your wife is a fine gal and she doesn't need extra grief.
Old 04-16-2012, 02:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry to hear that BP. We had a similar freeze here but what you had sounds much worse. Things will work out.
Old 04-16-2012, 05:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Semisane
I really feel for you man, as I'm sure all here do. But go easy with that new hobby. Sounds like your wife is a fine gal and she doesn't need extra grief.
Oh No Worries Semi, I have it under control, just a temporary thing
Ya Connies a Great Wife and believe me if I get out of line she'll beat me down, Im sure you've all seen here Pipes. I guess when it rains it pours here, Connie's also going in for her 3d surgery on here wrist, only one wrist this time around, there going to remove 3 bones from it and she'll be out of work for 3 months from May 10th till Aug 10th. So talk about hitting home all at once. But we'll survive, were Country People.
Thank's for Caring!
BP
Old 04-16-2012, 05:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by flounder33
Sorry to hear that BP. We had a similar freeze here but what you had sounds much worse. Things will work out.
Ya Flounder it was Bad. We had the Warmest March ever here and broke many records for the warmest days and warmest days in a row in March. For a period of 10 days we had High 70's to 88 degree weather, everything started to Bud, then BAM down to 21 degrees and that was followed by 5 more nights where it got into the low 20's. So the Freeze's slowly killed everything that survived the first freeze and killed them with the next and so on untill there's nothing left.
SORRY I HIJACKED THIS THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BP
Old 04-17-2012, 10:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had a similar experience with Knight. But my TC experience has been completely different. Awhile back I called looking for a replacement screw and a forend stud. The guy on the phone asked if I had the part number. I told him no but I could go look. He said no, that's ok and he'd send me what he thought I was after. I ended up getting to envelopes in the mail containing 6 different screws and a couple forend studs.
He must have figured if he sent enough parts sure one of them would be right. Also, I offered to pay for them before he sent them, but he said there wasn't any reason to do that.
Old 04-17-2012, 01:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Im glad to hear Knight is not giving away parts. When the Mountaineer first came out watching all those threads about Knight customer service and giving out free stuff was pretty scary to me. Mostly all new Knight parts are machined and very expensive. If its not a warranty issue i say pay for it. If its a warranty issue then they should pay for it. The old Knight rifles everything was free, and look what happened.
Old 04-17-2012, 01:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

I wasn't asking nor did I expect anything for free. I was more than happy to pay for a steak, I just didn't think I would have to buy a whole cow. Furthermore, I don't think the real Knight's service and parts departments were the cause of their financial woes. I am quite sure it was lack of gun sales and overproduction.
Old 04-17-2012, 01:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by SuperKirby
I ended up getting to envelopes in the mail containing 6 different screws and a couple forend studs.
He must have figured if he sent enough parts sure one of them would be right.
This is good for you, but terrible for the company. Thats far from good customer service. I havent had this kind of problem with T/C at all. They just have been very slow. I sent a Triumph back 3 or 4 weeks ago and have heard nothing yet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.