Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Knight Rifles does it first. >

Knight Rifles does it first.

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Knight Rifles does it first.

Old 04-05-2011, 05:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Omega45
Builder,

If it ain't a Knight or made by Lehigh its junk! I cannot believe you just do not understand by now.
Not sure if you are a young kid or just don't pay attention? I struggled with MD until i found out he was a young kid. I love the T/C Triumph. I actually said this twice in this thread already. Like Builder459 said above, they are extremely accurate muzzleloaders right out of the box. I have owned four triumphs and all four were very accurate. So to say i only like Knights is crazy.

Omega45, How many different brand inlines have you used the last 5 years and harvested big game with? I have used Knights, Savages, Prohunter/Triumphs, and UltraLight arms. All have killed Hogs and Deer over the last 5 years.

As far as Lehigh.....If you are talking about bullets, they are by far the best Muzzleloader bullets i ever used. And i have used way more different bullets then Muzzleloaders. The bullets are just in a class all by themselves. Actually two other companies are already copying the design.

If you don't like something or disagree just state your opinion. No need to make remarks about something you have no clue about.
Old 04-05-2011, 05:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by builder459
read my last post carefully.i also feel the rush for the new knights are just that. but when the newness wears off sales will slump.
I would like to see every company do well to keep people employed. But if it doesn't it doesn't. I hope your wrong but you might be right. I really have nothing else to say about that.
Old 04-05-2011, 06:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Grouse45
I would like to see every company do well to keep people employed. But if it doesn't it doesn't. I hope your wrong but you might be right. I really have nothing else to say about that.
I like you would like Knight to survive and a lot depends on the economy. they may very well survive on strictly upper end rifles ( i hope so) they could do a lot more with what they have just by offering blued barrels and more synthetic stocks to keep prices down some. but in the long run, one has to compete in the new technology or ATM market as it has been called IMHO.as i have said many times Knight has the best barrels on the market along with the finest synthetic stocks i have seen. but they had those prior to going bust. nuff said... Ray
Old 04-05-2011, 06:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

Not sure if you are a young kid or just don't pay attention? I struggled with MD until i found out he was a young kid. I love the T/C Triumph. I actually said this twice in this thread already. Like Builder459 said above, they are extremely accurate muzzleloaders right out of the box. I have owned four triumphs and all four were very accurate. So to say i only like Knights is crazy.

Omega45, How many different brand inlines have you used the last 5 years and harvested big game with? I have used Knights, Savages, Prohunter/Triumphs, and UltraLight arms. All have killed Hogs and Deer over the last 5 years.

As far as Lehigh.....If you are talking about bullets, they are by far the best Muzzleloader bullets i ever used. And i have used way more different bullets then Muzzleloaders. The bullets are just in a class all by themselves. Actually two other companies are already copying the design.

If you don't like something or disagree just state your opinion. No need to make remarks about something you have no clue about.
You missed his sarcasm.
Old 04-05-2011, 06:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

Omega45 cant be all bad, he has a GMB54-120 and just got an Elite 45. That is without a doubt the best 54cal carbine ever made and it has a Lehigh BP too.

Sooner of later im going to get him to cave in and build a 45cal SML barrel for that T/C.
Old 04-05-2011, 06:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Very dangerous situation. Stainless cant even be hardened to tell you the truth. Those breech plugs that are drilled out below the threads is another dangerous thing. Ecspecially in those cheap breech plugs. You need to have a plug made out of the right materials and hardened to do things like that.
What do you mean when you say they are drilled out below the threads Grouse? Do you consider the breech plugs that doc white used to be cheap breech plugs made of substandard materials?
Old 04-05-2011, 06:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by flounder33
What do you mean when you say they are drilled out below the threads Grouse? Do you consider the breech plugs that doc white used to be cheap breech plugs made of substandard materials?
I actually have no clue what materials he used. I think they are very high quality but don't no for sure. Drilling out cheap cva plugs are not safe at all. Ecspecially when you go down into the threads. I have heard this from two reliable sources and it could be a safety issue.
Old 04-05-2011, 06:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
You missed his sarcasm.
Oh sorry, didn't think he was kidding around.
Old 04-05-2011, 07:00 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by flounder33
Not Grouse but I will add my 2 cents... I question Doc about this very subject one time. His BP's were made of very high quality steel and then sent out for a hardening process to some ridiculusly high Rockwell number, I honestly can not remember the number. But because of this process that short little BP is one of the strongest chunks of metal that you will find. Doc was critically aware of the fact that one of the weakest links in a plunger type ML is the BP, the threads of the barrel and on the BP. And remember his favorite bullet was that 600 grain conical that he made for his whites....

Also Browning or Weatherby conducted some pressure tests on doc's barrels and actions that were pure he double hockey sticks. You would not believe the pressure that these guns were subjected to.
Old 04-05-2011, 07:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Pete,
You are afirming what I thought I already knew. That is why I got a little bristly when Grouse referred to them as "those cheap breech plugs". I sure don't see the danger in using them with a ventliner, especially the PR one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.