Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Its Addicting

Old 12-01-2010, 01:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I want another rifle also..just waiting to see what knight brings to the table before i make a decision lol..
Old 12-01-2010, 04:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by gman57
Breechplug, weathers been basically the same here maybe a little better here on LI (only bow till Jan then spec. Mzl/shotgun season) then where I hunt in Greene Co. Going up to cabin this weekend with both Accura and centerfire dont know which one Ill use. No meat in freezer may influence my choice to the .308.The Elite probably wont get to me for a week or so, curiousity got the better of me found one looked good price seemed okay.But my Accura just holds and shoots sweet, I think 3 will will do it for me. Im the same way with Bow hunting and my gear cant seem to have just one or two. Hope weather (wind) eases up right now my flag outside is whipping up a storm.
Dang Gman looks like you got the RAIN and Wind and we got the SNOW and Wind. Hope it does'nt ruin your Hunt that much, I think by Thursday you'll be into the Snow also. Heck this afternoon I could'nt even get to my stand the water in the Swamp was a rageing river, too deep to cross. We got the Rain all day on Tuesday untill 7'45 this morning then it changed to snow. Now it's time to break out the Snow Camo.
Good Luck!
(BP)
Old 12-01-2010, 06:34 PM
Typical Buck

I married into a family of hunters. None of them shoot muzzleloaders. Before the IL gun season starts, they all get together and see if their guns will still put 1 or 2 slugs in a paper plate at 50 yards. They always snicker when they hear about me going out to try new bullets, powder, etc, trying to make my shots touch at 100 yards. Oh well. Their loss! They just don't understand the sickness...

rw
Old 12-01-2010, 07:01 PM
Fork Horn

Been lucky ,I found a NIB Knight Disc Extreme SS /Black composite.
It's gonn abe my 6th Knight rifle + 3 Traditions.
I love Knight bolt action rifle.
Taureau noir

Last edited by Taureaunoir; 12-01-2010 at 07:04 PM.
Old 12-01-2010, 07:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

I about died when i found 3 on the clearance rack at BassPro.

2 Elite 45 SS/Black for $150 (low serial too) and an Extreme 50 SS/Camo for $350. I made sure all of them got a good home that night.

The Elite 45 quickly got 90% of my attention, even over my GMB54.

Picked up a NIB MK-85 54cal last weekend really cheap too. High serial but all accessories including some 54x50 sabots with GoldDots in a tube.

I rescued it from a life of gun shows.

And its all SabotLoaders fault. I was happy with ONLY my Accura45 WinApex50, Pedersoli Ovation 50, LK93 (the LK was his fault too) and my GMB54.

Last edited by Gm54-120; 12-01-2010 at 07:27 PM.
Old 12-01-2010, 07:47 PM
Boone & Crockett

Gm54-120

And its all SabotLoaders fault. I was happy with ONLY my Accura45 WinApex50, Pedersoli Ovation 50, LK93 (the LK was his fault too) and my GMB54.
That is not fair... I am only passing on what Cayugad taught me - I was just following the leader.... And WHY is the LK my fault - I never even knew you had one.... but the MK - that is a good one - really a good one...