Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Bergara or TC barrels for the Encore? >

Bergara or TC barrels for the Encore?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Bergara or TC barrels for the Encore?

Old 09-02-2010, 06:37 AM
Typical Buck

Default Bergara or TC barrels for the Encore?

I bought a TC Encore Pro Hunter this past spring for my wife to start deer hunting with me. She will be using it in blackpowder form for both blackpowder and rifle season. If she enjoys hunting, I would like to get a .243 barrel for her to use in rifle season next year. Might get it even if she doesn't so I can have it. But, the TC barrels in stainless steel run $399 at Bass Pro, though I am sure there are cheaper outlets. The Bergara barrel, also in SS, is only $240 at BellMtcs.com. The difference in price would go a long way to getting a forestock and scope.

Is this a case of getting what you pay for where the TC really is that much better or is it just paying for the name brand?
Old 09-02-2010, 07:35 AM
sup
Spike

Check these prices out,http://www.eabco.com/encore.html Plus T/C has a 50.00 rebate going on.
Old 09-02-2010, 07:52 AM
Typical Buck

They have much better prices but is it worth an extra $50 as that would buy the rifle forend? I admit, I would automatically trust the TC barrel but if the Bergara is just as good, I would seriously consider it even for only a $50 difference.
Old 09-02-2010, 08:40 AM
mountaineer magic

I have quite a few T/C barrels and only one Bergara barrel. My opinion is one Bergara barrel is enough. The T/C barrels I have are better

Old 09-02-2010, 09:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

In just about every way the T/C barrels are better. The only Bergara barrel i owned was on a Accura. But i have shot a few. I would highly suggest the T/C barrel ecspecially for a ML.
Old 09-02-2010, 11:50 AM
Banned

http://www.maxmuzzleloaderblog.com/2...tc-encore.html
Old 09-02-2010, 01:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Gander there is no factory gun that a good gunsmith can not improve; but the TC Triumph is the closeest and several other TC guns including the porhunter and the Endeavor as well as the Omega come closer than anything else.
Old 09-02-2010, 03:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54
That's old news. Hell, i've been saying that for years. He sales Bergara barrels and has alot more profit in doing so. The guy is full of ****. He's not shooting sub 1" groups with a wide variety of bullets i can promise you that.
Old 09-02-2010, 03:28 PM
Banned

Mike Bellm is another fellow that prefers the Bergara over the TC barrels. Not to make this another pissing match or anything. Theres another guy by the name of Carlos not sure of his last name and he uses nothing but the bergara on his encore. He's posted some great groups with his, including with the Thor's.
Old 09-02-2010, 04:52 PM
Typical Buck

I bought Bergara 223 barrel for my encore flopped around like a worm on a hook.
I called Bergara I would have to send in my frame to have a barrel fitted. I could just see them fitting my frame to there barrel instead of the other way round. I have other Encore barrels that fit just fine. So bergara is out for me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.