Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Bergara or TC barrels for the Encore? >

Bergara or TC barrels for the Encore?

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Bergara or TC barrels for the Encore?

Old 09-04-2010, 06:42 PM
Spike

Chetmarks,

I don’t know what it is that you don’t believe but let me just make a few general comments about your attack.

I did not even meet anyone at CVA until over a year after I had purchased and had been testing my Accura rifle. However, I had already produced and was selling three How To Videos on Thompson Center products, before I even purchased a CVA product. We have two more TC How To Videos that we plan to produce in the next year.

I responded to a post on this forum at the request of one of my customers earlier today that seemed to be a post of some guy trying to decide whether or not to purchase a TC muzzleloader barrel or Bergara barrel for his Encore. I simply responded with a sincere, honest answer according to my extensive testing of both.

I DO now know almost all the guys at CVA. I also know some of the top guys at Blackhorn Powder, at Caldwell Lead Sled, at Hornady Bullets, at Barnes Bullets, at Parker Bullets, at MDM Muzzleloaders, at DNZ Scope Mounts, at Talley Scope Mounts, at AccuScope, at Burris Scopes, at Leatherwood Scopes, at Brownells, at E. Arthur Brown Co, and I even knew a lot of the guys at the Thompson Center Custom Shop before they closed the doors on it in the past 30 days. To go even further than that, I talked to some of the above guys on a weekly basis. We are even in the process of filming & interviewing some of these guys for our videos just so that YOU and other muzzleloading consumers can get to know them on a more personal basis. I’m on YOUR side.

None of the above companies have paid my company one red cent to date. Furthermore, I go out of my way to find Mom & Pop companies that I can introduce to the muzzleloader consumers to give them a chance to complete in this industry.

I absolutely admit that I hope MAX will profit from the videos we produce to bring good information to the muzzleloader consumers so that they can make well-informed purchases of muzzleloading equipment anytime, especially in today’s economy. And I will actively pursue relationships with all muzzleloading companies possible to get good information and share with YOU all.

We have a very strict policy as to how we research any product that the muzzleloading industry offers for sale to the muzzleloader consumer. The first and foremost of our many requirements is that we, MAX, PURCHASE OURSELVES every item we test. That’s one of the ways that we insure we can make an unbiased assessment and say whatever we want, unlike a lot of the big-name, so called professional hunters who are directly on the payroll of major companies in the hunting industry.

One of my personal, best attributes in my life has been that I have never been able to be bought or owned by anyone and I take offense at your attacking my personal integrity.

Sincerely,

Russell
MAX Muzzleloader
www.maxmuzzleloader.com
Old 09-04-2010, 08:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxmuzzleloader
Sir,
I will now monitor this forum for inaccuracies that you might post concerning the muzzleloading industry. I owe this to the muzzleloader consumers, whom I directly work for.

Sincerely,

Russell Lynch
Muzzleloader Accuracy Xperts
www.maxmuzzleloader.com

You should just become a Moderator, that will make it easier. As far as Knight and Savage, you don't have a clue. I'm glad you have taken the time to post on open forums.

BTW- I'm far from a professional, i promise that. But accurate and true information in the field or on the range is a guarantee.
Old 09-04-2010, 08:21 PM
Boone & Crockett

maxmuzzleloader

Excuse me for saying this You truly are a joke!!! and now that I have read your posts you are bigger joke than I thought... With your attitude and know it all attitude - I really hope the best for you in the future...

Last edited by sabotloader; 09-04-2010 at 08:33 PM.
Old 09-04-2010, 09:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sir,

I'm sure that you have been on this forum for a long time and may be one of the go-to leader's here as well. I can tell you have been shooting and owning TC muzzleloaders for quite some time, and I will respect that. More so than you have respected me.

I was specifically asked by one of my MANY satisfied customers to respond to this thread to help give a little professional input, and right off the bat, this is what I get. My advice, sir, comes from ten's of thousands of dollars of research, and hundreds and more hundreds of hours of range time. I don't know how much time, money and experience your advice comes from, but that's my hand, and I play it very well.

With that said, I will say that it is obvious you have very limited knowledge of the muzzleloading industry as a whole.

1. You said: “I'm sure you lead more people to believe then not. Most ML writers are very good at that.” I lead people to achieve better accuracy and big game performance from research and testing through my professional experience. I am very good at helping them achieve this through unbiased facts.

2. You said: “Bergara barrels come polished right from the factory. T/C barrels do not. So for obvious reasons right out of the box the Bergara barrel will be smoother.” This is the reason that Bergara barrels are more prone to produce tighter shot-groups right out-of-the-box. You yourself have agreed with this statement. If you had watched either one of my first two videos (one on the Encore, the other on the Omega) you be aware that I advise that one way to get TC rifles to shoot better is to shoot it many multiple times to get the barrel to settle down.

3. You said: “Now you will probably say, I don’t want to break in my barrel.”
I never said this, but highly recommend it with a TC barrel.

4. You said: “I hope you would agree all ML'S need a good thorough cleaning before shooting. In this process, two patches of JB bore paste would smooth the bore just fine and maybe better.” I do agree that cleaning is necessary before a new rifle is fired, and all manufacturers recommend the same thing. However, two patches of JB bore paste WILL NOT smooth a bore to any noticeable difference in accuracy. I don’t know where you get your information, but that is absolutely not true.

5. You said: “Another easy way to polish/smooth the bore is shooting some lead conicals thru your T/C barrel. Or even some Thors/sabotless bullets. Either way will get your bore smooth and in accuracy condition pretty fast.” There is no easy way to smooth the tool marks from a barrel. Lead conicals is something I do recommend to someone who wants to shoot a TC Encore barrel, but it is not an easy or quick fix to the tool mark issue. That is also a fact.

6. You said: “Now another point to mention is alot/most are using saboted bullets. The sabot will protect the bullet from any deficiencies in the barrel. This meaning you will not need to be overly concerned if your barrel is not in competition shooting condition. Actually the game you are shooting wont no the difference.” No matter if the sabot surrounds the bullet going down the barrel, the tool marks left in the barrel still have an effect. In other words, sir, you cannot omit the tool marks just because you are shooting a saboted bullet. And tool mark will most certainly affect a plastic sabot. This is another fact. And by the way, if you MISS your target, the game will certainly not know the difference, but YOU will.

7. You said: “After owning Two Encore's, One ProHunter, Three Triumph's, and shooting several Omega's i would highly suggest all T/C owners to stick with the proven T/C barrels. Maybe a little work to get them nice and polished but you will be alot happier in the end.” Sir, you obviously admit in this paragraph that you agree with me that TC barrels need some work to get them nice and polished. You also seem to admit that you have no experience with CVA or any other muzzleloading brands. And again, there is NO EASY PROCESS to smoothing a barrel.

8. You said: “And as far as the ML barrels, alot safer and way more reliable breech plug then what CVA has to offer.” Other than whatever old articles you may have read on the internet that were most likely published by Randy Wakeman, do you know anything at all about CVA’s safety record? Past or present? If you can find a current article on the CVA breach plug not being reliable or safe, I would appreciate you proving that by sending it to me.

9. You said: “I also want to note, the Encore really has been the least accurate of the T/C guns i have owned. That break action design i was never fond of.” Here sir, you openly admit that Encore’s are not accurate and according to you, this is due to the break action design.

10. You said: “Now the Triumph on the other hand is different.” I want to point out that the Triumph is also a break action design. But your above statement says the Encore is inaccurate due to the break action design. So, what makes your Triumph different from the Encore in this regard. ??

11. You said: “The Triumph will out shoot most Bergara CVA'S day in and out. And yes, right out of the box.” First of all, Bergara does not own CVA. Even though both companies are owned by BPI, Inc. Bergara simply supplies the barrels for CVA rifles. You cannot possibly have a qualified opinion about whether a Triumph can or cannot out shoot a CVA as you don’t appear to own a CVA or have stated you have any experience with one at all.

12. You said: “I will mention that CVA has come along way. Better barrels no doubt, but they still got along way to go to compete with T/C,Knight and Savage.” In this statement, you agree that CVA has come a long way and without doubt have better barrels. But you also make the comparison, not only to TC, but to Knight & Savage. Are you aware that Knight has been closed and reopened but is selling leftovers and parts and it is unknown whether they will ever manufacture another rifle? And also, are you aware that this is the last year that Savage will be producing their muzzleloader? If they can out compete CVA, why are they both going out of business?

13. You say: “BTW- I'm the one that said you were full of **** shooting sub 1" groups at 100yds with different loads and bullets right out of the box. And yes, i'm still sticking with that.” When you said such derogatory remarks about me in your first post, I was an unknown person/company and maybe that sort of thing is allowed or even welcomed on this forum. But once I responded, the fact that you attacked me again personally with such a statement seems extremely rude and shows your level of class.

Just for more information on me, I own more than a dozen TC rifle's that will all shoot less than 1" groups at 100 yards, but none right out-of-the-box. Most all of them have TC factory barrels on them. You seemed to have assumed, wrongly, that I don’t like TC, which I never said. So who's the opened minded person here now?

I have not got a clue as to how much real, professional experience you have in the topic of which you find yourself in the position to be giving this type of advice, nor will I ever truly know. But I will tell you this, I have the professional background to back up what I am saying. I also have a 30 plus years of history as a very well-respected public servant in Law Enforcement and in the United States Marine Corps. My level of character, loyalty and truthfulness, as far as I can tell, is far greater that yours, I will assure you of that.

I am an un-sponsored professional in the ballistic, accuracy and marksmanship industry. All of these things are set in stone, I have earned all of my credentials the hard way, I've worked for them, and they cannot be disputed. See my website for a list of my qualifications.

Now sir, I'm respecting that you have the right to say whatever you want to, in fact I have been personally involved in defending the very Constitution of the United States in order for you to be able do so, for over 30 years. Have you done the same for me or anyone else? If not, that's ok, I did it for us all, and have never asked anything in return.

I would extend to you this: if you truly want to have a good look at who I am and what my company does and what I’m about, send me your mailing address and I will supply you with free copies of every How To DVD that I have produced to date. This may give you some insight so you can be more qualified to give advise about muzzleloading to other people in the future.

Finally, I will now monitor this forum for inaccuracies that you might post concerning the muzzleloading industry. I owe this to the muzzleloader consumers, whom I directly work for.

Sincerely,

Russell Lynch
Muzzleloader Accuracy Xperts
www.maxmuzzleloader.com
Just for keeps.
Old 09-05-2010, 03:03 AM
Banned

Someone sure has been touchy since they last stayed over at a hotel, had dinner and went shooting with Knight.... Sure seems like a normal non professional position if you ask me
Old 09-05-2010, 04:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

I responded to a post on this forum at the request of one of my customers earlier today that seemed to be a post of some guy trying to decide whether or not to purchase a TC muzzleloader barrel or Bergara barrel for his Encore. I simply responded with a sincere, honest answer according to my extensive testing of both.
Gee - I wonder who the "customer" was that requested "professional" help.

I bought one of the DVD's several years ago - got much better help here and a couple other forums for free from several lowly amatuers.
Old 09-05-2010, 05:55 AM
mountaineer magic

Chetmarks,

I don’t know what it is that you don’t believe but let me just make a few general comments about your attack.

I did not even meet anyone at CVA until over a year after I had purchased and had been testing my Accura rifle. However, I had already produced and was selling three How To Videos on Thompson Center products, before I even purchased a CVA product. We have two more TC How To Videos that we plan to produce in the next year.

I DO now know almost all the guys at CVA. I also know some of the top guys at Blackhorn Powder, at Caldwell Lead Sled, at Hornady Bullets, at Barnes Bullets, at Parker Bullets, at MDM Muzzleloaders, at DNZ Scope Mounts, at Talley Scope Mounts, at AccuScope, at Burris Scopes, at Leatherwood Scopes, at Brownells, at E. Arthur Brown Co, and I even knew a lot of the guys at the Thompson Center Custom Shop before they closed the doors on it in the past 30 days. To go even further than that, I talked to some of the above guys on a weekly basis. We are even in the process of filming & interviewing some of these guys for our videos just so that YOU and other muzzleloading consumers can get to know them on a more personal basis. I’m on YOUR side.

None of the above companies have paid my company one red cent to date. Furthermore, I go out of my way to find Mom & Pop companies that I can introduce to the muzzleloader consumers to give them a chance to complete in this industry.

I absolutely admit that I hope MAX will profit from the videos we produce to bring good information to the muzzleloader consumers so that they can make well-informed purchases of muzzleloading equipment anytime, especially in today’s economy. And I will actively pursue relationships with all muzzleloading companies possible to get good information and share with YOU all.

We have a very strict policy as to how we research any product that the muzzleloading industry offers for sale to the muzzleloader consumer. The first and foremost of our many requirements is that we, MAX, PURCHASE OURSELVES every item we test. That’s one of the ways that we insure we can make an unbiased assessment and say whatever we want, unlike a lot of the big-name, so called professional hunters who are directly on the payroll of major companies in the hunting industry.

One of my personal, best attributes in my life has been that I have never been able to be bought or owned by anyone and I take offense at your attacking my personal integrity.

Sincerely,

Russell
MAX Muzzleloader
www.maxmuzzleloader.com
[quote=maxmuzzleloader;3676114]Chetmarks,

Sorry you felt it was an attack, it wasn't meant to be and you are right ,I didn't make it clear what I don't believe. I type with one finger and so I don't always give enough info to clarify my thoughts. I will try to take the time to do that more in the future.

I believe that. I figured you follow the market trend. T/C use to dominate the industry for a while so you come along and decide you might be able to create a business by helping everyone get their T/C's shooting better. Of course making as much money in the process would be good. Now through aggressive marketing and hyberbole advertising CVA is gobbling up a big market share ,so of course you have to do videos on how to make the cva's shoot better since that is what more consumers are buying. I'm sure you wouldn't make a video of how to make your Pedersoli Denali shoot better. Who would buy that when there are probably only a handful sitting around in someones closet.

I figured the local CVA fanatic who tries to turn every thread into a push for cva decided to call in the big guns on this one

Name dropping has always turned me off because people usually do that to appear like they are superior to the average person. They want to come across as a part of the elite and well connected. Then again when it is a business there is a lot of truth to the statement "it isn't what you know but who you know"

I'm sure they haven't paid you, you simply capitalize on their advertising dollar. They market the product, promote it, get it to the consumer and you follow along to take a few more bucks from the consumer for your own pocket.

I translate that to mean you will continue to do what you do best, peddle your videos. Then in spite of your disparging remarks about Savage and Knight that if Knight makes a come back and starts selling a lot of guns you will arrive on the scene and help the Knight owners get better accuracy,

I doubt that you can say what you want because you can only make a good product better you could never say a certain brand was junk. That might end your affiliation in the indusrty. I assume you are much to diplomatic for that.

I wasn't attacking your personal integrity just doubting some of the things you say.
If I am wrong then I apologize. But if you really want to help the consumer rather then market your videos why don't you just upload them to U-Tube and post a link on the forums for everyone. OH I forgot , there's no money in that. It would be better to enter the forum, the great and mighty expert and post a link at the bottom of every post for your website. Might pick up a few customers.
One last thing. You make mention of Shillin barrels. I remember when I was checking out Bergara barrels and they talked about Shillin and had pictures of him touring the plant in Spain. I thought , now that is genius in marketing. Pay someone famous a consultant fee, get afew photos of them and post it on your website. Now if people jump to the conclusion that your barrels are the best because someone famous was involved and toured the plant , well you know they say "Let the Buyer beware"
Anyway ,welcome to the forum. After my finger rests I will finish with a few more clarifications.

Old 09-05-2010, 06:35 AM
Typical Buck

I don't have a dog in this online shouting match but what i have figured out is put max on the md side with cva vs tom and his knights(lehigh). I sure wish someone would take traditions side they seem to need alot of help these days. Thanks guys for the good read in the boring days before bow season starts.

Thanks

chuck "a t/c encore fan"
Old 09-05-2010, 06:36 AM
Boone & Crockett

MountainDevil54/Frontier Gander/ and or what ever other handles you have

I really think you and your new best friend really should go start another more Professional Expert site that all of us somewhat normal folks could just visit when we needed to to get the expert professional advice and guidance - you two can dish out. What would even be a bigger help is if you and him could not mix with us pure mortals on these mortal sites.
Old 09-05-2010, 07:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54
Someone sure has been touchy since they last stayed over at a hotel, had dinner and went shooting with Knight.... Sure seems like a normal non professional position if you ask me
I had a great time and hope to do it again in the near future.

Now Junior, i never mentioned Knight one time in this thread. I'm supporting T/C all the way. This is something your not used to, supporting multiple manufactures.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.