Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Accura, Optima or Wolf, Decisions, Decisions... >

Accura, Optima or Wolf, Decisions, Decisions...

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Accura, Optima or Wolf, Decisions, Decisions...

Old 06-22-2010, 07:53 PM
Boone & Crockett

I just can't get my brain to take a shine to that stock shape. I've shouldered some - they are comfortable at the shoulder and provide a steady grip. Nothing against them - just don't like their looks.
Old 06-23-2010, 11:46 AM
Fork Horn

I'd get the new Optima. I own one and it has a great trigger-- every bit as good as the MK-85 (I've owned 2 of them). Anyway you choose you'll have a great rifle.
Old 06-23-2010, 04:32 PM
Fork Horn

I don't own a CVA made muzzleloader, but have friends that own the Optima and Wolf. There both shooters. Provided you like the look and handling, you can't go wrong.
Old 06-23-2010, 04:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

The Optima and the Accura are decent guns for the price some of the Wolf rifles have a horrible trigger.
Old 06-23-2010, 05:29 PM
Banned

The New Wolf is a totally new gun. The triggers on both of mine... well when i had them, were excellent.

I have a new wolf coming in as from CVA as a replacment for my Blazer that i traded in.
Old 06-24-2010, 07:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54
The New Wolf is a totally new gun. The triggers on both of mine... well when i had them, were excellent.

I have a new wolf coming in as from CVA as a replacment for my Blazer that i traded in.
Cabelas has the new Wolf on sale in my area for $169 and its very tempting but i just dont need another 50cal carbine. I sure wish they offered a 45 carbine since its about the only thing im missing and MDM is basically gone for awhile.

I really wanted a MDM QuickShooter in 45 if it had a rate of twist i like.