Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Accura, Optima or Wolf, Decisions, Decisions... >

Accura, Optima or Wolf, Decisions, Decisions...

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Accura, Optima or Wolf, Decisions, Decisions...

Old 06-06-2010, 11:41 AM
Typical Buck

In the time it took to read all these posts, you could have walked to the store, bought the new Wolf, and already be punching 1" groups at 100yards.

Let us know what you get and how it treats you

rw
Old 06-06-2010, 04:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for all the, um, passionate replies . I know everyone has their opinion, and that's fine. But I was asking about a comparison of 3 rifles, not about other models or brands. I'm not buying a Knight because I want a break action that is easy to clean. I already have a CVA bolt-action inline that I like, but after owning it for 4 years, I would prefer a break-action. As far as quality goes, that's less of an issue for me. As long as it is reliable and accurate, I really could care less how the fine details are. My old CVA won't win any beauty contests, but it goes bang everytime and shoots 1.5" - 2" 100 yard groups with a wide variety of projectiles and powder charges. Every deer I've pulled the trigger on has gone down hard, that's what is important.

Because of price and handiness, I'm really leaning towards the Wolf, but dang, I just love the way the new Optimas look...... I'm going to buy it this week, so I'll let you know which one I decide. Maybe the pulling out of a hat isn't such a bad idea....
Old 06-07-2010, 05:45 AM
Spike

You will be happy with either rifle. I like the Optima better because it has a few more features than the Wolf but if price is an issue, which I completely understand, then by all means get you a Wolf and never look back. The deer you shoot won't know what rifle you used and they'll be just as dead.
Old 06-07-2010, 07:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

You can see by my sig which guns i have and yes i LOVE my Knights.

But that has nothing to do with your question other than i own both brands. I would have no reservations about owning a new model Wolf since i really like carbines. It sure looks and feels like a nice break open carbine IMO.

Sure i prefer a Made in USA product but CVA has come a long way. I loved my old WinApex aka Kodiak Pro and it gave me no problems other than being a bit dirty (which is now fixed). The new owner loves it too.

I still say buy what YOU like. IMO any of the guns you listed will serve you well and if the trigger is even close to an Accura, im betting you will be thrilled.

My Accura's trigger may not be adjustable but it doesnt need it. Its nearly perfect and super smooth. Its even better than my Extreme 50 after ive adjusted it and far better than before adjustments. The LK93 though does have a surprising good trigger for a plunger gun and better than almost any other Knight ive tried.

Get what makes you happy and fills YOUR needs.
Old 06-11-2010, 07:08 AM
Spike

You are going to have to fondle each of them.

BTW, I am selling my Knight Bighorn as I have no use for it now. My CVA will be hunting with me this year.
Old 06-11-2010, 01:07 PM
Fork Horn

Oldsmellhound
All three are good mls. I have heard and read that the wolf is accurate out to 100 yards but after that the groupings fall off a bit. The best thing for you to do is handle all three mls and see which one fits and feels the most confortable. If its on the top end or a little more than the budget can hadle wait until you can afford it. I bought an Accura ss black thumb hole stock new from Cabellas web site a few months back for $318.00 to my door. Be patient and you might be able to get a little better pricing on the mls you are looking at.
Old 06-11-2010, 04:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for all the good advice. It looks like I am going to put off the purchase a bit. I would rather save up the $$$ and get the rifle that I really want, and I am really leaning towards the Optima. But I want to go and handle it and the Accura some more before I make a final decision. Then wait a little for a good deal...... As long as I get it by October, I'll be good for blackpowder season this year.
Old 06-11-2010, 05:05 PM
Fork Horn

Check out the Classifieds under Muzzleloaders on this site. OGG has a Stainless Accura with the Black Web stock with under 50 rounds shot thru it for $185.00 delivered to your door.
Old 06-22-2010, 04:49 PM
Spike

I had a CVA Optima Pro, this was a very good gun. I just bought a new CVA Accura Black/Stainless from Cabela's for 299.95. The Accura is lighter, shorter and shoots better than the Optima Pro. The Accura seems to be a great gun so far.
Old 06-22-2010, 07:30 PM
Banned

or V2 Accura?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.