Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Attack of the Killer Omega >

Attack of the Killer Omega

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Attack of the Killer Omega

Old 12-06-2009, 07:04 AM
Boone & Crockett

cherokee75

Congrats on your Harvest!!!! Sounds you like found an excellent load/projectile combination and I know that the Omega is one great gun gun.

Continued success to you!
Old 12-06-2009, 04:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on your kill sir.
I have not shot barnes bulletts but read good things about them.
Old 12-06-2009, 04:52 PM
Dominant Buck

Congratulations on your little buck. Some good eating there for sure. Those Barnes really work. They are a favorite for my muzzlelaoders as well.
Old 12-06-2009, 05:08 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Roger46982
Just curious, why would you purposely shoot a button buck?

Why not , Some good eating for sure !!
Old 12-06-2009, 05:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wink

Originally Posted by cherokee75
Shot a button buck tonight at 20 yards from the ground with my Omega using 90 grians RS, 300 grains Barnes Expander MZs

I got the same results on a large doe about three years ago. This bullet is unbelievable and very effective. I use it in my Hawkens carbine 54 cal. It has a twist rate of 1 in 24" and loves to shoot the Barnes sabot very accurately.
Old 12-06-2009, 05:23 PM
Typical Buck

I would love to have a button buck in the freezer hunted all season have not seen a deer.
Old 12-06-2009, 06:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Shot a button buck tonight at 20 yards from the ground with my Omega....
You should have waited awhile... I'm sure it would have come closer! Sometimes you could save the bullet and just choke a fawn when it comes close enough!

...and remember Bambi, this is why you must NEVER venture out to the pasture!

Old 12-06-2009, 06:27 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Roger46982
Just curious, why would you purposely shoot a button buck?

Roger,
I am not sure where in my post it states I intentionally shot it becasue it was a button buck. I can't say I would have passed it up if I had known prior to the shot though. It happened pretty fast. Can anyone tell me a surefire quick way to determine the difference between a button buck and a doe from a distance?
Old 12-06-2009, 06:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Roger,
Can anyone tell me a surefire quick way to determine the difference between a button buck and a doe from a distance?
There isn't and I for one assumed you were filling an anterless tag. That was obvious to me. I wouldn't sweat it. I'd sure like to have an antleress buck like it in the freezer right now. Well done.
Old 12-06-2009, 06:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wink

Roger,
I am not sure where in my post it states I intentionally shot it becasue it was a button buck. I can't say I would have passed it up if I had known prior to the shot though. It happened pretty fast. Can anyone tell me a surefire quick way to determine the difference between a button buck and a doe from a distance?
You don't have to answer to anyone on this shoot. What you did was completely legal. For anyone to try to put a guilt complex on you is stupid. If they think this way, they should stop hunting and join PETA.

I have shot many deer in this class and I never felt it was wrong. I think too many people try to humanize animals. Hollyweird should feel proud of what they have perpetuated.

Good Hunting!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.