Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Attack of the Killer Omega >

Attack of the Killer Omega

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Attack of the Killer Omega

Old 12-09-2009, 08:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Steve, what difference does it make whether a button is stupid or not?
His stupidity makes him the easiest target by far. Inquisitve with about zero caution.
Pretty much any doe that has raised fawns or any buck 2 1/2 or older are 10 times harder to kill then a BB, 1 1/2 yo buck in 1st rut, or a young doe. I've been trying to kill a grey faced cow of a doe for 3 years now - see her at 50 yds in cow and 200 in gun. She knows what stand I'm going to before I do. That's a challange far past a BB.

Like I said - this is me. Don't care what others do. And if I do kill a small one, I sleep fine - it's only a deer.
Old 12-09-2009, 02:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Steve, check this buck:

I took this pic during 3rd season on a Monday evening between my Sunday and Tuesday hunts. This buck came across my property just before dark. Every year I draw I could take a buck like this without so much as leaving my property. I don't hunt from my property because I simply wouldn't find it challenging, except for wait of course. But every year bucks like this one are on my property during third season.

In the end, I prefer to travel to public land and spot a buck to stalk and see if I can get close enough to harvest him. Even if it is a forkie. Now as odd as that sounds get this. I really don't care if one of my neighbors were to take him. And I would like to see the does thinned down. There are times when there are 20+ antlerless deer on my property. Last summer my wife fractured her elbow when she fell chasing deer out of our garden. Enough is enough already and as easy as it would be to kill one of them does I don't because I'd have to hunt archery and give up hunting for a buck in that year during rifle season. But if I did, I wouldn't feel bad about how easy it would be. Too many and they need harvested.
Attached Thumbnails Attack of the Killer Omega-buckoutback.jpg  

Last edited by Pglasgow; 12-09-2009 at 02:43 PM.
Old 12-09-2009, 03:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great buck!! And I understand - have a herd of does I could shoot from my back door most any day of season. Let a neighbor hunt them, but go off my property to hunt. I think we agree - different challanges for everyone with few ever being wrong.
Old 12-09-2009, 05:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Steve,

Since you enjoyed that pic. Check out this buck which I filmed a couple of weeks ago. He had an altercation with the buck above (i think) Notice how his right antler is broken where it make its first fork. I'm 99% percent certain I observed the same buck a few days before with the antlers complete. LOL. He was really working does the day I filmed this.
Attached Thumbnails Attack of the Killer Omega-brokenantler-002.jpg   Attack of the Killer Omega-brokenantler-001.jpg