Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Need help with my TK 2000: UPDATE 5/3/09 >

Need help with my TK 2000: UPDATE 5/3/09

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Need help with my TK 2000: UPDATE 5/3/09

Old 05-04-2009, 09:16 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Need help with my TK 2000

The turkeys around here are henned up. I missed a nice gobbler saturday as he picked me off and started to run away, I had him in my sights and shot at 30 yds. I did not see the 2-1/2" sappling tree in front and blew it in two pieces.I should have took a picture and it was damn funny. These group like no other shotgun. I always laugh at the range when guys are happy to get 9-12 pellets on their targets at 30 yards. I then load up and shoot at the same range and easily can count 250 plus pellets and they just shake their heads in disbelief. Great gun and great fun. Goodluck, and once you connect you have a sort of addiction with the gun and turkey hunting.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:49 PM
Boone & Crockett

OK Gearheart - How is she going to explain to her husband why she has condoms in her hunting pants?. In case it rains...yeah right...
Old 05-04-2009, 01:24 PM
Fork Horn

I knew I was gonna get into tgrouble over that
Old 05-04-2009, 04:08 PM
Spike

drdi....did you use the loads spwidmar was talking about? I am thinking about buying a bag of TPS wads from BPI to try with hevi shot. I never could get lead to pattern at all out of my TK so I swithced to hevi shot. It is better but after hearing what some TK's shoot like I wonder if somethimng is wrong with mine.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:26 AM
Typical Buck

That target of mine is with the "chilled" type lead shot. The key after practicing with loads it to pack it tight as hell to the point where the ram rod feels like it will break. I can get it to where it almost hits like a slug. I truly believe that the shot is staying in the cup longer upon exit and it holds a pattern tighter than no other I've seen. Load your powder, then ram the empty cup home, load your shot and pack the shot with the ram rod, then add your wad and pack it tight as mentioned. The gun shoots well this way. I can "feel" with the ram rod how tight it is then I know I'm good to go. The Hevi shot is expensive so I went cheap. All I can say is this works wonders in my gun and I must be lucky. Others have tried and have had so so results. All you can do with a gun like this is try all you can as we all know every gun is different. Longest birdI took was lasered at 62 yards and yesI practiced at that distance many times. This is one hell of a gun and I would recommend it to any one looking for a fun 12 ga blackpowder smokepole canon.