Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Sabot stuck in a TC Triumph Barrel >

Sabot stuck in a TC Triumph Barrel

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Sabot stuck in a TC Triumph Barrel

Old 03-12-2009, 08:07 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Sabot stuck in a TC Triumph Barrel

Breechplug

Do me a favor if you get a chance, I just got a new Triumph myself and had a heck oftime loading Harvester 40/50 Blue Crush ribs, Harvester Short Black .452/50, BUT the MMP 40/50 loads OK and the HPH-24 Loads perfect as does the Harvseter .452/50 Black Crush Rib... so anyway the favor try pushing a HPH-24 through that bore....
Old 03-13-2009, 07:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hi Mike, good to hear from you and hope all is well. Sorry for the late reply, I just got on. I will do that as long as my buddy has'nt taken the torches to the Triumph. He has no Patience. He loves using someone elses ML for Hunting as long as he does'nt have to load and clean it, but now that he has his own he Hate's it! If things dont work out Im sure I'll be owning a new Triumph Really CHEAP! And YES the bore is tight as heck! I'll let you know. Ron (BP)
Old 03-13-2009, 07:16 PM
Spike

Hey Breechplug,

Sounds like your buddy needs to find a thinner sabot.
Just enough to give him a "2-hand snug to tight fit" with his BH209 fouled barrel.
Have fun and be safe!
Old 03-26-2009, 04:32 PM

well if it were me when I run a full time shop I used to use a peice of 1/4 drill rod and a 3 pound hammer round the drivin edge of your rod and firmly but gently drive the offending bullet out. Set the muzzle on a block of wood on the floor preferably a concrete floor when you get the bullet to the muzzle just pick up the barrel at the end hold the drill rod with 2 fingers and gentle finish taping the bullet out .In my experience when you heat a barrel the plastic sabot heats quicker and expands quicker locking the bullet fast.

gundoc