Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Camo chipping off Remington Genesis? >

Camo chipping off Remington Genesis?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Camo chipping off Remington Genesis?

Old 01-13-2009, 09:28 PM
Banned

Default RE: Camo chipping off Remington Genesis?

shoot man thats nothing. Looks more like handling nicks. Small stuff like that happens.

If it were actually Peeling off, then i would be mad.
Old 01-13-2009, 09:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MountainDevil54

shoot man thats nothing. Looks more like handling nicks. Small stuff like that happens.

If it were actually Peeling off, then i would be mad.
I totally agree to some extent. However, should it look like this when it's not even a month old? Actually about 3 weeks old? It's ridden in the truck a few times and the rest of the time been sitting in a gun cabinet. It's not that those tiny marks bother me so much it's that if it's done that after 3 weeks of light use what's it going to look like after I actually take it into the woods? Or in 10 years or heck even 2 years. If they stayed like they are now I'd be fine with it but I highly doubt it's going to stay looking like that.
Old 01-15-2009, 01:18 PM
Fork Horn

I think I ended up paying about 90 bucks for mine so I don't care if all the paint falls off. Just as long as it shoots straight. My boots cost almost twice that and they won't last more than 2 or 3 years.
Old 01-15-2009, 05:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bowfisherman

I think I ended up paying about 90 bucks for mine so I don't care if all the paint falls off. Just as long as it shoots straight. My boots cost almost twice that and they won't last more than 2 or 3 years.
Yeah I do kind of feel that way but on the other hand I like how it looks so hate for it to fall apart. After I get the rebate back I will have paid $103 with shipping and all for it. My boots didn't cost double that but at $150 for my boots they were more so like you if it looks like crap it will be okay but I would like it to look as nice as possible as long as possible. Is it sad the scope on the gun cost over double what the gun did? I probably wouldn't have put that scope on there except for I had it sitting around as a spare so figured I minus well use it instead of paying for a new scope for it.
Old 01-15-2009, 08:54 PM
Fork Horn

I got the Grey Laminate Thumbhole model, which has some orange spots on it, but the gunis supposed to retail at $540, sowhat can you expect for $146. Perhaps this is why they were offering such a good deal on these guns.

I bought mine as a back up to my T/C prohunter, and for $146, I just couldn't pass it up. I can't wait to get a scope on it, and get it dialed in!
Old 01-23-2009, 05:45 PM
Fork Horn

Where did you guys get all these smokin deals on the Genesis? I think I paid like 250 for mine or something like that. Mine is black with the gray grips and stainless barrel.
Old 01-23-2009, 07:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mnprohunter

Where did you guys get all these smokin deals on the Genesis? I think I paid like 250 for mine or something like that. Mine is black with the gray grips and stainless barrel.
Cabela's had them onsale. They had the one I got first then they put the one with the laminate thumbhole stock and stainless steel barrel onsale right after that. Mine ended up being like $138 or something shipped. Then Remington had a $35 rebate. So It's going to cost $103 shipped when I get the rebate back. Well that plus what it cost to mail the rebate off. Can't hardly turn that down.

They put them onsale in the bargain cave then had a $20 off coupon ontop of that. Then Remington had the rebate.

I know another guy on here got one that sounds like yours with the synthetic stock with the gray and he got his fairly cheap too I think. He got his before mine but I think they had them onsale. I never actually saw them though.

I'm not sure what the total cost of the laminate thumb hole stock model with the ss barrel was as I can't remember but I'm thinking it was in the $140's or something after the rebate. A really good deal and I wanted that barrel but I didn't like the thumbhole stock so I decided to just get the camo stock and blued barrel.
Old 01-23-2009, 07:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

The rifle pictured had seen very little use.

Just touch those little stock dings up with something.

Old 01-23-2009, 07:54 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Underclocked

The rifle pictured had seen very little use.

Just touch those little stock dings up with something.

Hey UC how about taking a black rubber mallard and pounding on those scratches, it will cover them up. It worked good on the scope base!
Old 01-23-2009, 08:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not my rifle, thankfully.

Say, how about a pic of that scope base mod.