Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Remington Genesis

Old 12-14-2006, 11:26 AM

Default Remington Genesis

I was wondering what the scoop is on the Remington Genesis. Is it made better than a Traditions? Will it shoot as well as my Omega?
Old 12-14-2006, 11:38 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Remington Genesis

BobD

Can not give you direct answers... but every one of the things that I have read from the owners has been positive... even over on the White Muzzleloader board those guys that don't like anything but Whites are putting up positive marks for the Genesis... I almost bought one when they first come out but I let UC kinda talk me out of it now he is thinking about getting one... He really didn't talk me out of it but is easy to blame him for not buying and then I blam cayugad for buying - it is never my fault.

Old 12-14-2006, 02:48 PM

I just got one is September. Also own an Omega and a Black Diamond. I like the Genesis. Real simple design. Nice balance. Good groups. You might check the archives from back in late September. Quite a bit of info there . . . .
Old 12-14-2006, 05:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

SL, yes - it is my fault.

And I did buy that stainless one that was for sale here. Should be here by Monday at the latest.

Now I'm trying to figure out the best mounting system for a scope... and you know what a grueling process that can be for me. [:-]

The main complaint I've read about on the Genesis is the trigger is too heavy. I'm going to take a look at what can be done to alleviate that problem. The rifling is also deep cut so may not be very effective with conicals - and the ez-load (QLA-style) barrel may also pose a problem. If so, a chunk of the barrel may disappear.
Old 12-14-2006, 06:00 PM
Boone & Crockett

UC

I am really surprised that the barrel is deep cut! The other spanish Adressa barrels aren't. I am going to wait for you to look at it. I will be surprised if you are not able to lighten the trigger up. I just do not want to even think about maybe getting another Remington - I really like the two that have and all the rest of the inlines I have I do not need another one... but, I got tell you I was really surprised that so many souls over on DWBS were giving positive comments....

I am not even going to bring up the search for scope hardware....

Why would deep cut effect conicals that much? - the old CVA side locks that i had/have were deep cut they shot conicals...????

mike

Old 12-14-2006, 06:02 PM

Pretty much everything is UC's fault, that is for sure!

Once you find that "best mounting system for a scope", let me know, I might make ya a good deal on it.

And SL, just wait on the Genesis, because UC'll have one for sale soon.

I know, "Shuddup".
Old 12-14-2006, 06:15 PM
Boone & Crockett

cascadedad

And SL, just wait on the Genesis, because UC'll have one for sale soon.
glen you do not know how close I came to writing that in - "when you get done with it let me know..." I am not buying another ML - well it would have to be an exceptional deal... for me not them.
Old 12-14-2006, 06:19 PM

ORIGINAL: sabotloader

I am not buying another ML - well it would have to be an exceptional deal... for me not them.
I know exactly what that means...............you'll be getting another right after Christmas. Then you'll get the stuffing knocked out of you by your wife, same as with the scopes.
Old 12-14-2006, 06:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Why? U ax me why?

Conicals must obturate to form a full gas seal and do so consistently in order to be accurate. The deeper the grooves, the more likely a seal will either not be formed properlyor be blown during its course of travel through the bore. Cupped-base conicals would probably tend to do better in such barrels than the solid base boolits we generally shoot (in Whites). That is my understanding of such things - but it may really have more to do with magic.

I have some PRBullets Ultimate 1 conicals that did very well in my 700ML. I think their design is a little more forgiving of rifling depth than the bore-riding style ofconical typically used in Whites. I'll first have to determine bore dimensions to see if any of my ~.504 stuff even has a chance - if not, I'll bring the Ultimate 1s to the line.

At the rate I've been getting things done lately, don't look for any rapid revelations. []

Old 12-14-2006, 06:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Meant to add that this is how it will look after I've tinkered with it..

just kidding guys.

Quick Reply: Remington Genesis

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.