Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 PA Pellet Flintlock >

PA Pellet Flintlock

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

PA Pellet Flintlock

Old 10-06-2008, 10:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default PA Pellet Flintlock

PA Pellet flintlock features a removable breech system and a new Super Lock. Allows you to shoot Pyrodex Pellets, T7 pellets or loose powder.

1/48 twist
SPECIFICATIONS:
Mfg Item Num: R38000850
Category: BLACK POWDER FIREARMS
Action :Flintlock
Caliber :50 CAL Black Powder
Barrel Length :26 Octagonal
Sights :Adj Fiber Optic
Ignition :Flintlock
Length :45
Stock :Black Synthetic,HW
Weight :7 lbs
Finish :Blue

Anyone shooting, shot or have any input on this gun. On sale now and I amdm thinking of getting one. I appreciate all input and thanks in advance!
Old 10-06-2008, 11:31 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: PA Pellet Flintlock

I too thought about one of these a while back, but something about using pellets in a flintlock and having fiber optic sights didn't sit well with me. If you have a traditional only hunt fiber optics are a no no and I'm sure pellet use is taboo as well. I would spend more and get a Lyman flintlock, here is the post and if i had the dough I would buy one of these:

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=3054178
Old 10-06-2008, 11:38 AM
Dominant Buck

The PA Pellet from all the reports I have read on it is a good rifle. I used to talk to a person on line that hunted with one all the time and said it was a very good shooting rifle with 80 grains of Goex and a 240 grain XTP. As for the pellet part and the substitute powders.. forget it. While it will shoot them, and you have to duplex the load, you will get your best ignition and performance from black powder. There is no use trying to avoid it. Flintlocks like black powder because it is the most consistent source of ignition.

All of those pellet shooters normally have to duplex the loads to make them work. Also you still need black powder in the pan to make them work. So just get some 3f black powder, and use it in the main charge and the pan.

I almost bought one of them once. In fact I had it ordered, credit card, everything. Then the company called me and said they did not have the one I wanted and would send me a different one. I told them thanks but no thanks.

As for the fiber optics aspect.. they are so much a part of rifles now days, I do not get too upset over them. I have a Tradition's Woodsmans Hawkins Flintlock. The same lock used in the PA Pellet and probably the same barrel. It is a good shooter and the lock is real fast and sure...
Old 10-06-2008, 02:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Buck Hunter 1

PA Pellet flintlock features a removable breech system and a new Super Lock. Allows you to shoot Pyrodex Pellets, T7 pellets or loose powder.

1/48 twist
SPECIFICATIONS:
Mfg Item Num: R38000850
Category: BLACK POWDER FIREARMS
Action :Flintlock
Caliber :50 CAL Black Powder
Barrel Length :26 Octagonal
Sights :Adj Fiber Optic
Ignition :Flintlock
Length :45
Stock :Black Synthetic,HW
Weight :7 lbs
Finish :Blue

Anyone shooting, shot or have any input on this gun. On sale now and I amdm thinking of getting one. I appreciate all input and thanks in advance!
Everybody I hunt with in the Penna late FL only season hunts with a TC Renegade or Hawken or a Lyman Great Plains, if they are shooting RB, they shoot 54cal. I am the only one that shoots sabots with 80g of Goex and a Speer Gold Dot 300g, sighted in at 50 yards. Open sights. While this is a good rifile, if you buy it I would buy it to shoot Goex and not pellets. pellets are too hard to ignite and they are more costly. I also switch my TC Hawken Barrel to a 1:28 twist Green Mountain, again to shoot sabots. Chap Gleason