Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Anybody Used a Traditions PA Pellet Flintlock? >

Anybody Used a Traditions PA Pellet Flintlock?

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Anybody Used a Traditions PA Pellet Flintlock?

Old 01-22-2003, 07:47 AM

Default Anybody Used a Traditions PA Pellet Flintlock?

I was wondering if anyone has used the Traditions PA Pellet flintlock. I am looking to get into black powder hunting. (My wife loves this, More money I can spend on things I NEED for hunting) I am new to black powder hunting and would like to keep it as simple as possible. That is why I am looking at guns that use pyrodex pellets. I am not eliminating the possibility of getting a gun that uses regular powder. So if anyone could tell me anything about this gun or recommend another I would greatly appreciate it. Not looking to spend too much but would like the most bang for my buck.
Old 01-22-2003, 10:38 AM

Default RE: Anybody Used a Traditions PA Pellet Flintlock?

PA: FROM WHAT I HERE ON DIFERENT FORUM ABOT THE TRADITION PELLET RIFLE IT DOES BETTER WITH LOOSE POWDER ALSO I MY SELF WAS LOOKING TO PURCHASE THE SAME GUN BUT SPEAKING WITH DIFFERENT GUY'S THAT SHOOT FLINTER THEY DID ADVISE TO STAY AWAY FROM THE CHEAP LOCKS ON THESE FIREARMS ALSO I WAS LOOKING AT THE T/C AND LYMAN TRADE RIFLE I WAS LUCKY TO FIND A T/C FLINTER THAT I WENT WITH.TRADITION SEEM TO GIVE YOU A LOT FOR YOUR MONEY THE CHEAPEST I SEEN THEM FOR IS $165.00 BUT THE HAWKENS I BOUGHT I PAID $150.00 SO I WENT WITH THE T/C I SEE THAT YOU LIVE IN PA THERE IS A PAPER UP THERE CALLED THE PAPER SHOP COST 95 CENTS YOU WILL FIND SOME SUPER DEALS ON BLACKPOWDER RIFLES AND HUNTING GEAR.
Old 01-24-2003, 07:00 AM

Thanks lonewolf, I have a friend that has a firestorm and he has never had a problem with using pyrodex in it. But I have heard from alot of people that the loose powder works best in these guns. I have never heard of that paper your talking about but i'll have to keep an eye out for it. I have seen the PA Pellet as cheap as $190 at RMC sports here in PA. Thanks for your help.
Old 01-25-2003, 09:32 PM

lonewolf5347: You mentioned a paper called The Paper Shop, do you know where I could find this publication?
Old 01-26-2003, 07:08 AM

COLT:THE PAPER IS SOLD ANYWARE THEY SELL NEWSPAPERS I ALSO SEEN THEM IN THE SUPERMARKET TRY www.thepapershop.com or order a subscription form that will be delivered to your home phone no# 1 800 537 9377 this is a great paper if you are looking for a great deals on anything.hope that helps