Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Disc Extreme, Omega or Triumph >

Disc Extreme, Omega or Triumph

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Disc Extreme, Omega or Triumph

Old 02-12-2008, 02:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Disc Extreme, Omega or Triumph

I say hands down the Omega.

Old 02-12-2008, 07:24 PM
Fork Horn

I appreciate everybodys responses. I went by Sportsmans Warehouse today and handled all three rifles. I own 6 muzzys so I know a fair amount about the sport. I have to say after holding all three the Triumph feels the best. The way it is designed it feels alot lighter than the Omega. I've heard that the Triumph also has a better barrel to stock fit than the Omega. I've read alot of complaints about the problems people are having with that and they are having to bed their rifles. The Extreme also felt good and I really like the solid stock. I know their reputation for accuracy is awsome. Does anybody know if the Extreme they sell from finfeatherfuroutfitters comes with both the disc and regular 209 primer setup? Also what is the difference between the regular disc and the extreme? Sorry for all the questions. It looks like it will come down between the Extreme and Triumph. Keep the suggestions and comments coming. Thanks bdeather.
Old 02-12-2008, 07:40 PM
Fork Horn

I can't speakfor the other rifles, but I just bought a Triumph and really like it. I wanted something that was simple to operate, of good quality, and of course a good shooter. I did the same and went to the gun stores and handled different rifles, butsomething kept taking me back to the Triumph. I have been tuning on it andhave groups touching at 100 yards. I guess youcan call me a satisfied Triumph owner!
Old 02-12-2008, 08:54 PM
Fork Horn

The original Disc had a 24" barrel and used the orange round disc. The extreme has a 26" barrel and uses the red full plastic jacket. If pick a Knight I would go with the extreme, I really like the way the bolt loads and unloads the 209 Disc... but you are on the right track with the Triumph. I would wager the TC will shoot as good a 100 yard group as the Knight if not better and will be ten times easier to clean.
Old 02-13-2008, 02:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

You say accuracy is your #1 concern. If that is true, I would eliminate any break-action rifles. Can they be accurate? Yes they can. But what are you going to do about it if the gun is not quite up to par? You can't bed it. You can't install pillars. There is PLENTY of info out there of the frustration people have had trying to accurize Encores.

I have heard some very good things about Knights, without even owning one (I own two Omegas) I would guess they shoot a wider variety of bullets well. I will admit an Omega can be picky. But not only did my Omegas shoot well out of the box, but when I accurized it I ended up with one tack-driving ML.

I like the simplicity and cleaning of the Omega. I do not own, but have heard, that Knights are not as good in that department. I think it comes down to your personal preference between the two. But if accuracy really is your #1 concern, I'd stay away from break actions.
Old 02-13-2008, 02:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well no one mentioned the NEF Sidekick. It may be alower priced gun, butI wouldput up mySidekickagainst all the others -any time. It will shoot sabots thebest, but willshoot anythingyou can shovedown the barrel. My first love is my Investarms Hawkens sportized Carbine .54 cal.of course!

JMHO and .02 cents.
Old 02-13-2008, 02:48 PM

Traditons has a new model out, Its called the XLT Extreme, has some kind of stuff in the stock that reduces felt recoil by 75% i think. Not to sure about that, I was doped up on meds when the commercial came on
Old 02-13-2008, 10:44 PM
Fork Horn

spaniel I have also heard about people sometimes having problems with break actions. I have an Optima that is a break action that will shoot with any Omega or any other muzzy. But I also read and have heard from people who actually own the Triumph who are getting moa groups from their rifles. Just like I hear and read alot about the problems people are having with the barrel to stock fit on the Omegas which can have a negative effect on accuracy. I have nothing against the Omega I just like how the Triumph feels. I own plenty of accurate muzzys. I have 3 whites and I can guarantee with a big conical their isnt another rifle out there as accurate as these three. I'm just looking for something different but I still want an accurate rifle. From everything I've read and heard first hand it sounds like the Triumph will fit this bill.
Old 02-14-2008, 04:23 PM
Typical Buck

GET THE TRIUMPH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-14-2008, 04:28 PM
Spike

Just gotan extreme from finfeatherfur, SWEET. It only comes the the FRJ breach plug. Taking it to the range this weekend to see fit it shoots as good as it looks.