Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 T/C Triumph or Omega? >

T/C Triumph or Omega?

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

T/C Triumph or Omega?

Old 02-25-2008, 10:18 AM
Fork Horn

Default T/C Triumph or Omega?

Looking to get a MuzzleLoader and i think that i've narrowed it down to to guns.A Thomspon Center Omega and a T/C Triumph anybody have any experiance with these muzzloaders like which ones easier to clean and stuff like that?
Old 02-25-2008, 10:24 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: T/C Triumph or Omega?

I don't own either of them. Although I can tell you the Triumph is basically, the Omega with a number of improvements. It has the fast out breech plug, the larger trigger guard, the weathershield coating, otherwise you have basically the same action and barrel. Both are great shooters from all the reports I have read on them.
Old 02-25-2008, 10:34 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: cayugad

I don't own either of them. Although I can tell you the Triumph is basically, the Omega with a number of improvements. It has the fast out breech plug, the larger trigger guard, the weathershield coating, otherwise you have basically the same action and barrel. Both are great shooters from all the reports I have read on them.
I'm leaning towards the Triumph anyway.I really like the looks of the gun.I have no price limit onwhat i get.My fiancee is buying me one for a wedding day present.I checked out the encore/pro hunter but still kept coming back to look at the Triumph.
Old 02-25-2008, 10:53 AM
Boone & Crockett

BROX

I have two Omega's and they are really good shooters - cleaning them is no more a head ache than other modern ML's... I really do like the new features of the Triumph, the speed breech and the larger trigger guard and were i getting one it would be stainless. But,I do not like the break open feature, I beleive they are and will be come less accurate as compaired to regular straight one piece rifle + I am not a fan of the looks of the gun...

And I am probably in the minority.... but I will stay with the Omega
Old 02-25-2008, 01:33 PM
Fork Horn

I had the exact decision to make about a week ago. I handled both of them and both felt really good. If you compare both with the synthetic stock the Triumph felt better to me. But when you pick up the Omega with the Laminated TH stock it is in a class by it self. I ended choosing the Omega for a few reasons. First it is stainless which has been proven to be very durable. Second there is hundreds of reports of the extreme accuracy of the Omegas. I totally agree with Sabotloader I think the falling action on the Omega will hold up over time more than the break action of the Triumph. I guess time will tell. I have talked to a few people who own the Triumph and they all say that if you shoot more than 10-12 shots most of the time you can not remove the breech plug by hand, you have to use the tool. I have owned mine 3 days now and I have shot it 3 times and it is shooting some awsome groups already. I know either one will be an excellent choice. Let us know which one you choose.
Old 02-25-2008, 01:50 PM

I own a Triumph and love it. When I was looking at buying a new ML I looked atthe encore, omega and ended up liking the feel the PRICE, and the ease of use. Very accurate with 300g BT's and 150g T7. My brother and two friends went and bought one after they used mine.
Old 02-25-2008, 01:53 PM

just remember that the silver finish on the triump is a coating and it is not stainless steel.
Old 02-25-2008, 02:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

check this out
http://www.dealerease.net/catalog/product.asp?ret_id=806356&pid=60842

i am also looking at the omega and triumph i am leaning to the truimph or a knight i like the add ons for the truimph and the price is not much more then a omega
this link seems to have the best prices i have seen yet
Old 02-25-2008, 02:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have both, while both are excellant muzzleloaders the Triumph is actually a much improved Omega they load and shoot about the same if you are a good shooter and know how to use a bench rest right and work up a load to suit the gun [some people try to force what they want to shoot on the gun and that just wont ever work] the real differance between them is in the blowback and the disassmebly and cleaning my Omega is abot a relaxed 7 to 10 minute job the Triumph is about half that . Lee
Old 02-25-2008, 04:24 PM
Fork Horn

I bought a triumph when they first came out and didnt care for the feel or the tight bbl. But then I am used to knights!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: T/C Triumph or Omega?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.