Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Ultimate muzzleloader >

Ultimate muzzleloader

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Ultimate muzzleloader

Old 01-06-2016, 10:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by TNHagies
I haven't seen any first hand reports of BH out of the new Remington but by looking at the BP design, it looks to me that it would ignite reliably. What's your thoughts?
It will ignite in the RU, even though the breech plug is flat faced and designed to shoot pellets. Remington bought the right to use the breech plug from UF Inc. and they made the BP harder. Making it harder was to help accommodate the shooters who want to remove their breech plug after every shooting session. Remington also uses and recommends anti-size for their breech plugs.

There is no data from Remington or Western concerning the shooting of BH from the RU. There are however limited results shooting the RU with BH, with very few obtaining great accuracy at long range. Those that have achieved great long range accuracy, have experimented with other bullet/sabot combinations. Remington's problem IMO, is their barrels.