Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Ultimate muzzleloader >

Ultimate muzzleloader

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Ultimate muzzleloader

Old 01-20-2008, 01:39 PM

Default Ultimate muzzleloader

I have the 500 yard Ultimate. I use the Hornady 300 gr. SST. Anybody using Barnes with any success?
Old 01-20-2008, 02:02 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Ultimate muzzleloader

I have heard a lot about your rifle but never actually saw or handled one. They look good in their adds. Any information you want to share on it and the accuracy it is able to do would be most interesting.
Old 01-20-2008, 03:22 PM

Hi,
The gun is pretty amazing. It is easily capable of sub MOA groups. Can shoot up to 5 pellets, literally cleans in a minute or max. 2 minutes. Never have a need to remove breech plug, powder burns completely. Uses a .45 casing loaded with a large Magnum rifle primer instead of a .209 so its just like loading or unloading a centerfire rifle. Can leave powder loaded all season with no problems. All my buddies now shoot them. Mine is on a Howa bolt action, but you can get it on a Rem. 700 action. My friends like the Howa better. It really is a quality gun. For areas where you can only use a shotgun or muzzleloader, in my opinion it is the only game in town
Old 01-20-2008, 06:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I used to correspond with someone who had one, and while I buy the accuracy claims there is NO gun that "burns completely" 777 or pyrodex. They are dirty powders by their very formulation and always leave a large percentage of the charge as residue in the barrel. So I don't buy that claim.

If they are strong enough for 5 pellets, does anyone try smokeless?
Old 01-20-2008, 07:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

A lot of us have questions about that particular muzzleloader. I have one two. I would like to know just what a chrongrah velocity is for a max load of 777or pyrodex some people are saying something about getting slower when you get more than a certain amount. Lee
Old 01-20-2008, 07:25 PM

Smokeless is illegal for hunting in a ML in Michigan, so i couldn"t answer that question. Velocities for 5 pellets of Pyrodex with 300 gr. Hornady is 2570; with 4 pellets it is 2380 fps. And believe me, it all burns up! There is no blow back. I used to laugh at my buddies cleaning their guns.Now they own Ultimates. Our joke has been 2 beers to clean our old guns, one gulp to clean the Ultimate. By the way, I have a few Knights for sale!
Old 01-20-2008, 07:56 PM

Spaniel,
One reason for the complete combustion is that the large
magnum rifle primers are TEN times hotter than the 209.
Also the patented nipple blows the ignition charge through the hole in the pellets, as well as around them. That is why people dont shoot the sabots that the pellets slide onto...it interferes with total ignition. No other manufacturer that I am aware of will attempt to make a gun to shoot 4 or 5 pellets...they can"t get the powder to burn up with their ignition systems. Thats why in regular muzzleloaders too much powder actually is detrimental to velocity, to say nothing of thinner, weaker breaches and barrels that cant take the internal pressures. Hey, I dont sell these guns, I'm just sharing my experience. I didn't believe the claims, either...until my friend had me shoot his. Donn
Old 01-21-2008, 05:36 AM
Typical Buck

Trophy1,

I might have interest in the Knights you have forsale? Can you send me some pictures, info, and prices? e-mail them to [email protected]

Thanks Mike
Old 01-21-2008, 08:35 AM

is there a web site where we can go and look at them? where did you get yours? show us a picture. how much are than? i want one !
Old 01-21-2008, 10:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

These guns do look good, but I am moreof a traditionalist kind of guy. I do have aninline, but normally giveit to my buddy andI use my Hawken Carbine. He has shot more deer with then I have (3).

As far as price, they areastronomical. I believe they start around $1600 and go up from there.

Go to: http://www.ultimatefirearms.com/ and check them out.

Quick Reply: Ultimate muzzleloader

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.