Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

I wasnt thinking!

Old 01-09-2008, 11:40 PM

Default RE: I wasnt thinking!

I thought I would fallow up and tell you folks what TC did after I sent it in with a note telling them what had happened and asking them to check her out. They sent me a new gun! No charge!

I fully explained that it was my fault. Still, they sent me a new gun.
WOW! My hat goes off to TC. They obviously felt that it would be wise to take the safe road. I know the brand of gun I will be buying from here on out! Thanks TC, and to all you good folk for the good advise.

Old 01-10-2008, 07:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Now that's customer service!
Old 01-10-2008, 10:57 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: HoleHopper

I thought I would fallow up and tell you folks what TC did after I sent it in with a note telling them what had happened and asking them to check her out. They sent me a new gun! No charge!

I fully explained that it was my fault. Still, they sent me a new gun.
WOW! My hat goes off to TC. They obviously felt that it would be wise to take the safe road. I know the brand of gun I will be buying from here on out! Thanks TC, and to all you good folk for the good advise.

Yet another of numerous examples of Thompson/Center's suberb and unmatched customer service. I had T/C replace an entire Omega barrel when a thimble mount thread stripped out a couple of years after the initial purchase.

Eventhough T/C ML's do have their issues from time to time, it's tough tobeef about this example of service.

Wonder how many other ML manufacturers would do the same?
Old 01-10-2008, 11:08 AM

Had an old cva blazer, i broke the nipple and took it to a gunsmith to drill out the NIPPLE, A week later i go to pick it up and find out that he tried drilling out the WELDED in breech plug instead of drilling out the nipple like i said to do! Emailed CVA and asked them for a price on barrels, They email me back saying they no longer made the rifle nor did they have any parts and could not fix the rifle[:@]

But they did have me send it in and they replaced it with a brand new cva staghorn.

I only paid $60 for that cva blazer and it was built in 1986 if you go by the #'s on the barrel
Old 01-10-2008, 04:50 PM
Fork Horn

I own a safe full of TC and your experience is only one reason why. Thank God you walked away only shaken.
Did like the buck story. That must have been a wild experience.

Only have one ramrod story.I purchased a XS ramrod beforeTC bought them out and renamed them"power rod". The XS has the removeable brasstip. I was on a ridge and shot @ a whopper buck @ 75 yrds andhit a 3/8 hemlock branch. Unfortnatually the shot deflected and the slick ram rodsurface allowed it to slide out and it dropped 5' down the ridge while the buck stood there trying to figure out where the shot came from.I just watched w/ one eye on him while trying to find that rod......I fixed that problem
S
Steve