Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Should of kept my mouth shut. >

Should of kept my mouth shut.

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Should of kept my mouth shut.

Old 09-17-2007, 02:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Should of kept my mouth shut.

I got a few hours over the weekend to go to my gun clubs annual rondy and check out some of the activities. I was down at the woods walk checking things out when one of the shooters asked if anyone wanted toshoothis flintlock. Well I had never shot one but have been interested in checking them out so I spoke up. He had a .62 smoothbore with front site only that looked nice. He loaded it up and showed me how the sight picture worked and put me on the firing line for a Knife shaped metal target about 25 yards away. The target was about 14" tall but only about 2.5 to 3" wide. The shot only had a small delay and to my delight I hit it. Well now I have to start saving some money toward a flintlock. I knew I should have kept my mouth shut.
Old 09-17-2007, 02:26 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Should of kept my mouth shut.

Know how ya feel d'murph. A .54 Great Plains flinter is on my Christmas list - and I'm damn wellgiving myself one.
Old 09-17-2007, 02:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Check these out.... www.flintlocks.com

My next build will be the Mark Silver....Saving my quarters.....
Old 09-17-2007, 02:56 PM
Dominant Buck

Flintlocks?? who in their right mind would want to fire a gun by slamming a rock against a chunk of hardened steel? Must all be crazy.
Old 09-17-2007, 03:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

My wife already thinks I'm crazy. [:-]
Old 09-17-2007, 03:54 PM
Dominant Buck

At least she understands when you do something wrong... why. Makes it easier to play dumb.
Old 09-17-2007, 08:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: cayugad

Flintlocks?? who in their right mind would want to fire a gun by slamming a rock against a chunk of hardened steel? Must all be crazy.
Yes and I'm not going there alone!!!I'm taking at least two others with me.

I just ordered another Deerstalker Flintlock for my other young fella. He shoots backwards and isn't comfortable with the Southpaw configuration. lol
Old 09-17-2007, 08:32 PM

I always wanted to try one. I wouldn't buy one though. No Blackpowder close enough to me for me to use one. It's too expensive to order it.
Old 09-18-2007, 01:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: dmurphy317

I got a few hours over the weekend to go to my gun clubs annual rondy and check out some of the activities. I was down at the woods walk checking things out when one of the shooters asked if anyone wanted toshoothis flintlock. Well I had never shot one but have been interested in checking them out so I spoke up. He had a .62 smoothbore with front site only that looked nice. He loaded it up and showed me how the sight picture worked and put me on the firing line for a Knife shaped metal target about 25 yards away. The target was about 14" tall but only about 2.5 to 3" wide. The shot only had a small delay and to my delight I hit it. Well now I have to start saving some money toward a flintlock. I knew I should have kept my mouth shut.
I started FL hunting in Pa 2 years ago. Bought a TC hawken and it is a lot of fun. It helps to be into MLing, but the FL is a different kind of fun. I like it all, as I am sure you will. Chap Gleason