Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Why can't people keep their mouth shut? >

Why can't people keep their mouth shut?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Why can't people keep their mouth shut?

Old 11-30-2005, 09:19 PM

Default Why can't people keep their mouth shut?

The deer around my farm have become incredibily intelligent over the past few years due to alot of hunting pressure from neghboring properties. Somehow they stay hidden from bow hunters and spotters all season long. Well rifle season came in Monday and thats like a holiday around here. Everybody and there brother are looking for a spot where theres alot of deer. So this group of guys start hound dogging the brush and see how many deer there actually are here. They go to town and tell everyone they saw 50+ deer and a bunch of big bucks. Now this place looks like a pumpkin patch everyday with blaze orange strewn all through the land. Can't even hunt without being near someone, and they're blasting the deer. My question is, if you have a good hunting spot, why in the hell would you want to tell everyone else where its at just so they can move in on you and shoot your deer? These idiots really tick me off.
Old 12-01-2005, 05:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Why can't people keep their mouth shut?

I never tell anyone what I actually see for that reason. I have had guys ask me and I don't tell them truthfully what I saw and then they open up with everything they saw and I get the same reaction your having. Maybe I am greedy but I like to hunt where the deer are. If you bring in more guys then the deer will move out loosing the chance to fill your tag.
Old 12-01-2005, 06:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: SPIKEHORN11

I never tell anyone what I actually see for that reason. I have had guys ask me and I don't tell them truthfully what I saw and then they open up with everything they saw and I get the same reaction your having. Maybe I am greedy but I like to hunt where the deer are. If you bring in more guys then the deer will move out loosing the chance to fill your tag.
What he said!
Old 12-01-2005, 06:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Me: I'm walking out of the woods.
Guy: So did you see anything?
Me: Man, whew, what a boring hunt. You ever have one of those weeks where you don't see a damn thing and you just get pissed at looking at the same damn trees over and over again?
Guy: You should try this spot and this spot and that one.
Me: Thanks. I really appreciate the info. Good Luck.

Tom
Old 12-01-2005, 07:31 AM

Heres one that I have.

Guy: Where did you get/see that one?
Me: Up on the mountain.

Thats all I gotta say and they dont ask anymore.
Old 12-01-2005, 07:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

yepper I would never tell, I say yeah I saw a few, but if I saw a big one or two, that one is mine and nobody will ever know
Old 12-01-2005, 07:57 AM

Those folks obviously aren't NewEnglanders.

Other guy: Any Luck?
Yankee: Nope. (doesn't look at other guy)
Other guy: Seen anything?
Yankee: Nawt mahch. (gives dirty look)
Other guy: I saw a big buck over at...
yankee: (pause, spits) ah-yah. (walks away)

Old 12-01-2005, 08:51 AM
Dominant Buck

Maybe I'm not reading your post right , but it looks like you're saying that they're hunting on your land . Even if all they're doing is hunting adjoining property and running the deer off those deer have to be going somewhere . My guess would be that some of them are seeking shelter in some of the more obscure patches on your land and you're just not seeing them . Start looking harder at those overgrown fencelines and brush patches . One thing the pumpkins are good for is driving game toward everybody else .
Old 12-01-2005, 09:20 AM

Cause the're stupid?
Old 12-01-2005, 09:07 PM

haha they're very stupid.

i only have 50 acres and about 43 of it is field. got 16 acres of corn still standing and alot of them are laying in there, but i dont wanna push them out or everyone else will shoot them. ill save them for bow season. i posted her up tight and have people watching the property for me while i'm at school. today my buddy called me and an 8 point with a 18-19" spread had is horns stuck in my deer pen. needless to say my poor little button buck was scared ****less as the big buck was probably trying to kill it. as my buddy got close the buck freed itself and he wasnt able to get a shot. funny story tho, as it was a pretty nice buck and rifle season is in and he couldnt shoot it haha.

Quick Reply: Why can't people keep their mouth shut?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.