Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Nikon Omega ML BDC Scope >

Nikon Omega ML BDC Scope

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Nikon Omega ML BDC Scope

Old 08-30-2007, 07:39 AM

Default Nikon Omega ML BDC Scope

Has anyone purchased this scope yet?

I bought a new TC Encore Pro Hunter the other day, purchasing the Omega scope with the rifle. I haven't had a chance to get to the range yet, hopefully this weekend, but I was wondering if anyone has had a any experience with the scope.

If not, I guess I'll be the first to try it out. I'll post the results this weekend.
Old 08-30-2007, 01:08 PM

Default RE: Nikon Omega ML BDC Scope

I have not had personal experience with the scope, however this past weekend I was at Cabelas in St. Louis, Mo. I spoke with a factory rep from nikon about this scope. He told me that this scope was set up with a specific load and bullet combo. specifically, 150gr. (three pyrodex pellets), and a 250gr. T/C Shock Wave. He stated that the scope was caliber specific for rifles also. If you shoot APP/ T-7 / or Shocky Gold you will have to pattern your rifle accordingly. Once you are on at 100 yds, the rep told me that the other reticles should be on at 150, 200 and 250. Good Luck, keep us posted and lets' see if the rep was right. keep ur powder dry jst rod
Old 08-30-2007, 08:36 PM

I own that scope and use it on my T/C Encore. Yes its true the "BDC" was made with 150 gr and 250 shock wave in mind but as far as i am concerned the BDC is a gimmic that isnt needed.... My opinion only. With that said the scope works really good for me using the middle cross hair. I do not shoot anything outside of 100 yards because I cant hold steady even with shooting sticks and I cant see that far even with the scope zoomed in all the way. I have been very happy... its not the best money can buy but for its price not a bad deal. Its a purpose built scope and outside of the BDC "gimic" it works real good.
Old 08-30-2007, 11:55 PM
Fork Horn

I have that scope and I have to say the gun and scope seem to like the Pyrodex pellets/TC Shockwaves the best. I have tried 777 pellets and loose powder and different bullets and so far it's 3x50 grains Pyrodex pellets and the Shockwaves are on top and out to 100 yards so far I’m right at 1 inch and still trying to tighten that up. I haven't had the opportunity to shoot at any distance beyond that since I'm still work on my 100 yard group. I won't knock it till I have the chance to try it at long distances.
Old 08-31-2007, 05:01 AM

I have a couple scopes with ballistic type reticles but not this one. I don't like the circle aiming points.