Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 nikon omega scope on TC omega ML >

nikon omega scope on TC omega ML

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

nikon omega scope on TC omega ML

Old 01-11-2007, 09:14 AM

Default nikon omega scope on TC omega ML

Is anyone having success with the Nikon Omega scope on the TC Omega using the 150gr load? Is anyone using this combination with the 250gr Shockwave bullet? I have used the Am. Pioneer sticks and found they are inconsistent. Looking at changing to loose powder, probably Black Mag 3. Thanks for any replies.

Old 01-18-2007, 08:05 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: nikon omega scope on TC omega ML

I went on an Elk hunt in NM this past Sept. with my brother who was shooting the TC Omega with the Nikon Omega scope. He was shooting the load you mentioned and it worked flawlessly for him. He took his elk at 126 yards and had to thread the needle for the shot and it was dead on. Two steps and the elk was down for the count. When we got back to Denver we went out to the range and I shot the rifle for the 1st time and at 100 yards my 3-shot group could be coverd with a nickel. I was more than pleased with the results as was my brother.
Old 01-18-2007, 09:37 PM
Typical Buck

I thought that it was for pyrodex powder I do know that it was pellets wich would be different than powder but I wonder ifdroppage would be different on different brands.
Old 01-19-2007, 08:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

patchholder, I use APP and if you keep it dehumidified it gives the same velocity for the same load but if you let it gather any moisture at all it gets irregular,and shoots all over the place. I have experimented with APP and suspect that the other subs with the same base will have the same problem; since I dont care much for "crudring even though I finally solved that problem I think good old moisture resistant Pyrodex may very well be the best answer and if you pick up a dozen cans at 6 bucks a can at the end of the year sale at walmart like I did its cheap to.
Lee

Old 01-19-2007, 10:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j309/punkey5/photos%2019%20March/DSCF0573.jpg

Here is my combonation of my Omega and Buckmaster Scope!!
I use 120 Gr. 777 and 250 shockwaves and CCI 209 caps
I shot 3 deer with this combo this year 1 droped in his tracks the other two didn't get 50 yards before droping. I get less then 1in groups at 100 yards at fifty yards the bullit has the same POI and at 25 yards the bullet drops into the bulls eye. It took about 6 months to work up this combonation,mostly because I tried so many different powders till I used the 777 now unless somthing really great hits the market I'm sticking with this combo for ever. And powder is definetly the way to go. good luck with yours . Mike