Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Possibles Pouch

Old 07-31-2007, 09:54 PM

Default Possibles Pouch

Does anyone on here make possible pouches or have a reliable source for them?
Old 07-31-2007, 10:04 PM

Default RE: Possibles Pouch

I know a guy. Let me get his email address for you. Heres the bag me made me a few weeks ago. Its Made out of Elk leather and Pillow Ticking liner. Amazing bag.

Old 07-31-2007, 10:29 PM
Dominant Buck

Since you want a possible bag I will guess that you want the traditional look. You can get a possible bag from Dixie Gun Works. Also there are other sights you can purchase pre made possible bags. If you want a hand made, go to an area Rendezvous and I am sure you will find some of them.

When I first started out, I used a green canvasgas mask bag that I purchased from an Army Surplus Store. After that I went to a real leather ones I made from deer hides I tanned. Now, my hunting possible is a three pocket fanny pack. I have have some other thingsI use and I outfit each caliber and style of rifle with a possible bag so I can simply grab a bag, select the powder I want, and hit the range..
Old 08-01-2007, 09:33 AM

Thank you both. On your note about rendevous. The only one within100 miles is the same dayas early muzzle loader opener. So I think ill go after im done for the morning and see what i can find, just wanted to see if anyone makes or knows where to get a really nice one before season.
Old 08-01-2007, 10:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

www.blackpowderbags.com
Old 08-08-2007, 12:45 AM

I used a canvas map bag i picked up at an army surplus store for a few bucks to care all my stuff back and forth in. It may look a big like a high school punk rock chick's purse but hey, it works great.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:32 AM
Dominant Buck

You want an excellent range bag, make one out of an old pair of blue jeans. You know the ones thats knees have been patched so often the patches have patches or for some reason the washing machine has shrunk the pants smaller then your ever increasing waist line..

Cut the legs off as what ever length you like. Then sew the bottoms of the legs shut. Be sure to double fold them legs, and use a machine if you have access to one. Then fold the pants in half like you were folding the cut offs to put back in your drawer, and sew the side of them up, and the bottom again, back together. If you look you have several large pockets.. looking in the waist of the cut offs to the bottom of the legs. You also have back pockets for patches, inside pockets for caps, and other items, and its free.

To make a strap, take the legs you cut off, sew them together, and them fold as wide as you like fora strap. Just like you were maiking a belt. Make the strap as long as you like. Cut an identical piece and feed that through the belt loops, or an old chunk or rope works too. You can pull that snug and tie that one shut to close the top so things do not fall out or shift, when walking to and from the range.

Also you can dye those old pants to any color you like with some Ritz dye and an old 5 gallon pail. It is a real handy range bag with lots of room, lots of pockets, free other then a little work, and wears like.. well like an old pair of jeans.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:52 AM
Boone & Crockett

You want an excellent range bag, make one out of an old pair of blue jeans.
cayugad, that is ingenious! Great description of the process. Looks like you have the makings of an internet business there.

I'll be looking in the Goodwill store for an old pair of kids jeans to make a small bag just like you described.
Old 08-08-2007, 12:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a shoulder bag and a belt bag from the link Sharp Shooter posted - http://www.blackpowderbags.com/
Very well made and durable!
Old 08-08-2007, 02:05 PM
Dominant Buck

Semisane.. sorry I can't take any credit for that idea other then knowing how to read and surf the internet.

http://www.castbullet.com/makeit/pbag.htm

they really do work though. I made myself one, just to try it out. It's around the house here somewhere. You can carry a lot of stuff in them.