Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Possibles Bag

Old 02-04-2009, 12:41 PM
Typical Buck

Default Possibles Bag

I'm looking to purchase a small bag that will fit in my hunting coat pocket that will also fit my ML accessories if I need to take another shot or quickly clean out my barrel if it's obstructed. Any one have any ideas? Does anyone use something similar to what I'm describing? I don't like the idea of having a small bag that hangs around my body that will get in the way,instead something small enough to fit in my pocket since my hunting coat has decent sized pockets. Any help is appreciated.
Old 02-04-2009, 12:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Possibles Bag

Ever thought about a fanny pack?A possibles bag has a large strap like a purse (sorry guys, don't mean to offend) doesn't it??
Old 02-04-2009, 12:54 PM
Dominant Buck

Because I hunt in cold weather, I bought a fanny pack that is also a hand warmer. I can throw a hand chemical heater in there and stay on stand all day without gloves. The fanny pack has two pockets. One holds my speed loaders, projectiles, short starter, capper, and alcohol wipes. The Big pocket holds gloves, GPS, compass, emergency kit, camera, etc.. It works great!!

I bought this at Cabela's on line a few years back.
Old 02-04-2009, 02:33 PM
Fork Horn

The possibles bag was invented in an era when clothing did not have any pockets. You have pockets? Problem solved!
Old 02-04-2009, 03:15 PM
Boone & Crockett

Troutman - have you ever considered a leather or cloth bag with a drawstring on the top? It might serve your purpose. I normally carry a fanny pack with 2 pockets. One pocket holds my speed loaders and short starter. The other pocket has a small zip lock plactic bag with xtra flints, flash hole liner, small screwdriver, allen wrenches, jag, and a few patches. The pocket also is large enough to carry , handwarmers, candy bars, sandwich, small flashlight, deer drag,field dressing gloves, the ever necessary TP,and a few other items.
Old 02-04-2009, 05:22 PM
Spike

I have a small zippered bank bag that fits in the pocket of my backpack for a possibles bag. It works very well. If you want a small cloth bagwith a drawstring e-mail me @ [email protected] and I can make you one. I have sewn several bags out of canvas with a drawstring for myself that Iuse formy sleeping bag, camping gear, etc. It would be easy to make one small enough for your possibles.

Old 02-04-2009, 06:03 PM
Boone & Crockett

Check out the stationary section of drug stores and/or WalMart. They have a variety of zippered pencil/pen bags that work real well.

EDIT: Another thought. If you want a little more class chech out the zippered leather tobacco pouches in your local pipe/tobacco shop and/or shaving kit pouches.
Old 02-05-2009, 02:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

When I use my inline, I wear a Primos Bow vest...I put my quick loads and primers in one pocket and in another have a small (Visine)bottle of rubbing alcohol, a few cleaning patches and a bottle of Rem Oil...I always take time to clean the barrel between shots...