Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Warning do not open >

Warning do not open

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Warning do not open

Old 04-19-2007, 01:43 PM

Default RE: Warning do not open

ORIGINAL: Underclocked

metaldonnieg, show me even ONE twelve year old girl that types like that.
I have a 12 year old daughter. I think I remember reading something she wrote one time like this.

ah gotta add dat Brad Pitt reallydoes sumthinfer me
byda way girlz, ah jest copied an pastud dat pic.

an stop makin fun o us yung girlz.
Old 04-19-2007, 04:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

I am thinking about getting one but some of these advertisements confuse me,first I read one about the fabalious plating they are using on them that will be better than stainless then I see this one advertising stainless. Which is it going to be? or both? Lee
Old 04-19-2007, 04:33 PM

heck with that coating, they charge the price of an ss barrel and give u something thats not.

i heard the palm swell is uncomfortable too.
Old 04-19-2007, 05:55 PM
Typical Buck

Hey, I bought an Encore 10 years ago when they first came out. I see no need to buy something that isn't better than that. However I did anyways and have an Omega hanging around waiting to be used. Even worse I don't hardly even shoot the Encore cause I bought a bunch of them no good flintlock and percussion guns in the mean while. Not to mention the Scouts need shoot too.

I am done with modern guns with the Encore. The only thing I might buy is the Pro-Hunter blued barrel with the easy out breech plug but that is doubtfull because saving 30 seconds cleaning a gun is not that big a deal for me. I have a ratchet, extension and socket set up for the Encore and Omega and I can remove the plug in no time. $3 at a yard sale for the extra tools that stay with my kit.

As far as the Knight's go they got to get the ugly out of their rifles and stop copying other's designs before I give them a thought. The Rifleman had a puff piece on them this month. I though they would go places with the Revolution but that went nowhere. You can pick them up on the cheap if you want one.
Old 04-20-2007, 12:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

I also would rather spend my money on a KP1. I like, UC don't care for the high price BP. And still worry (since I haven't held one yet.) about that trigger guard. Is going to be sized for 12 year old girls or what?

Al
Old 04-20-2007, 12:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Chris W.

Very nice indeed, but I've got my eye on the the knight rolling block at the moment.So many rifles, so little money in the wallet .
The current issue of American Rifleman (official publication of the NRA) has an article in it by Bryce Towsley who evaluated the Kight Rolling Block and Knight Vision. The rolling block looks like a great rifle and very accurate. Bryce shot PB 245, Knight PBT, Barnes MZ Expanders and Knight 290g PBT. Most were < 2" groups at 100 yards except for the PBs.
Chap Gleason
Old 04-20-2007, 03:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well I'm going to get one for the proce of $379.00 how can you go wrong. Say waht you want about lod guns but thank god for people who but the new guns without us we would all still be using old matchlocks.
Old 04-20-2007, 08:15 PM
Fork Horn

Mike,
Yes I think it is a nice piece, but I like my Omega a little better except for the cleaning aspect. The New "T" looks like it would be quicker. Not sure how the breech plug rings will hold or will be easy to clean. I don't like the styling of forend of the stock. They tried to add a little trad flavor and it looks a little out of place. The breech break handle also looks too big but some I guess somefelt theOmega's was too short. I never ever had any trouble there. If you like breech breaks I think it is the ticket. I just happen to prefer a straight in line BUT I think the major thing here is the big T will have very little ways for gases to escape and if they do it is further from the eye.
I'm sure the accuracy will be excellent and a great choice for many...
SHills
Old 04-23-2007, 07:05 AM
Typical Buck

[blockquote]quote:

ORIGINAL: Chris W.

Very nice indeed, but I've got my eye on the the knight rolling block at the moment.So many rifles, so little money in the wallet .
[/blockquote]

The current issue of American Rifleman (official publication of the NRA) has an article in it by Bryce Towsley who evaluated the Kight Rolling Block and Knight Vision. The rolling block looks like a great rifle and very accurate. Bryce shot PB 245, Knight PBT, Barnes MZ Expanders and Knight 290g PBT. Most were < 2" groups at 100 yards except for the PBs.
Chap Gleason
Chap...Thanks for the info.
Old 04-23-2007, 01:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Show me a Hawken or a Renegade..that'll get my heart pumping. Inlines just don't do it for me.