Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 TC Warranty/Customer Service >

TC Warranty/Customer Service

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

TC Warranty/Customer Service

Old 03-20-2007, 05:06 PM
Spike

Default RE: TC Warranty/Customer Service

Thanks cayugad. I just might give that a try. I just use #13 because of TC's recommendations.
Old 03-21-2007, 06:36 PM
Spike

I use both #13 cleaner and bore butter from T/C. I have a stainless barrel. I think the bore butter works EXACTLY like T/C says it does. It is like seasoning a black frying pan. I definitely think it helps with accuracy over the course of time. In addition, my barrel becomes easier to clean as time goes on because it is less porous. I use FF powder and my gun cleans up very well with only a few patches. It is also convenient to keep in my muzzle loader tackle box. I have been very pleased with both products and see no point in changing something that works great.
Old 03-21-2007, 07:01 PM
Typical Buck

Groups were good enough at 100 yards so I cleaned my encore. Shot 2 more through it to make sure sight in was still good.
Newmuzzleman -

Does this say what I think it does? You shot the gun to sight in, cleaned it, then shot two more times, and left it that way? If so, it would/could explain the rust. The gun must be cleaned any time a load of powder has been discharged. T/C was good to you.
Old 03-21-2007, 07:04 PM
Typical Buck

Just so there is no confusion here let me state that #13 is a cleaner only with no protective qualities at all. If you use it you need to lube with oil or some other protectant right after using it.

I like #13 for range cleaning and hunt camp cleaning but do not use it when I plan to store the rifle. It is great for between shots at the range and short time cleaning during hunting trips. I now use Hoppie's Elite to clean followed by any of my good gun oils to set the gun up for a while.

My methode is easy, clean with the Elite then a good solvent, dry the barrel well and oil it. Next time I go to shoot it I put a few alchohol patches through it to get out the oil then shoot away.
Old 03-21-2007, 07:06 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: yeoman

Groups were good enough at 100 yards so I cleaned my encore. Shot 2 more through it to make sure sight in was still good.
Newmuzzleman -

Does this say what I think it does? You shot the gun to sight in, cleaned it, then shot two more times, and left it that way? If so, it would/could explain the rust. The gun must be cleaned any time a load of powder has been discharged. T/C was good to you.