Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 PSE Customer Service / Warranty >

PSE Customer Service / Warranty

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

PSE Customer Service / Warranty

Old 07-21-2005, 11:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default PSE Customer Service / Warranty

I have to give PSE some major credit for the service they provided for me recently, and wanted to share this with any of you who might be buying a new bow in the future.

I bought my PSE Beast compound almost 5 years ago, and recently found it had a cracked limb. I thought for sure I was going to have to buy new limbs at $150, and therefore was thinking about buying a new bow instead of repairing the old one.

They replaced the limbsfor free under warranty, but that's only part of the story.
When I called about getting replacement limbs, I had forgotten they had a warranty, and wouldn't have thought it would still be covered anyway. They reminded ME about the warranty, and wanted to help verify the purchase date so that the repair would be covered if possible. I was told that all bows are 100% warranteed for 5 years, and 50% covered beyond that for life. I wasn't sure if I had passed the 5 year mark or not, so I was ready to pay half.

Icould not finda reciept for my bow, and the serial number that they normally use to verify the purchase/manufacture date had been partially rubbed off and was not legible. The customer service rep I dealt with over the course of a few phone calls went out of her way to look up the history on the particular cam I had, and was able to determine that it could not have been made before a certain date, and therefore must be in the 100% warranty period.

Then she still went a step further and granted my request to replace my limbs with ones of a different draw weight. I was amazed, and very pleased.
At serveral points along the way, PSE could have neglected to tell me info about my options, or denied my warranty claim since I could not provide the proper proof.
They handled it like a company that cares about their customers and values repeat business.

Just thought I should share.
Old 07-21-2005, 12:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: PSE Customer Service / Warranty

Way to go PSE! Ya gotta give em' credit for that, congrats! I am a stckler about customer service!
Old 07-21-2005, 01:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

41 major patents in the archery field. PSE has the best customer service bar none.
Old 07-21-2005, 02:13 PM
Dominant Buck

I shot PSE for 25 years. I had the occasion to send a bow back to them one time. I probably could have taken care of the problem myself but was afraid I'd screw something up. It was neglect that necessitated the service needs in the first place. I didn't figure two wrongs would make it right so let the experts do it. Anyway, fantabulous service, all no charge of course..including new cables, axles etc that were NOT the reason I sent it in. They have long been recognized by just about anyone in the industry who'll speak truthfully as the BEST(Bar None) in service. I bought a different manufacturer my last bow and am really happy with it, but I have no dillusions about anyone outdoing PSE in service. They've been that way since their beginning.
Old 07-21-2005, 02:39 PM

Glad to hear it. I would be more impressed if it was a lifetime waranty not five years. I don't know how the limb coverage works on most bows though. Maybe that is normal?

Glad it worked out for you and they did what they did. I hear darton is the same way. They are over the top helpful and do what they can with in reason to make you happy from what I understand. The one time I had to call them they were great. I only had questions about the cams and how to route the cables though. The receptionist actually had the paper work for it and knew how the system worked! A day later I get all the paper work pertaining to my cam and a catalog in the mail. I didn't even ask them for it, I only mentioned that I lost mine.

Paul
Old 07-21-2005, 08:27 PM
Dominant Buck

I don't know if they still have it or not, but they used to have a "Warranty Plus" deal that was a one time 19 or 20 bucks. It had such things as lifetime service and real long parts of not lifetime etc. I suspect they may have done away with it...but I'm not sure. I would think you could find out on their website.
Old 07-22-2005, 06:20 AM

i helped a guy convert 2 old steel cable pse's to cables made out of string and the tech i got on the phone to help me with figuring out lengths for the new cables was fantastic.
Old 07-22-2005, 06:44 AM

I'm very pleased to hear that PSE not only stands behind their product but will go the extra mile for a customer. I have been a loyal PSE customer since I started shooting a coumpound almost 15 years ago. I can honestly say I've never had to deal with their customer service except for product registration. Their bows have given years of trouble free use and that is why I remain a loyal customer.

I've heard similar stories in the past about PSE customer service. I hope I never have to make that call but if I do it's comforting to know that they have a reputation of taking care of their own.
Old 07-22-2005, 08:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thats great, I have a PSE bow and knowing that I can get great customer service is just awesome.
Old 07-22-2005, 05:45 PM
Boone & Crockett

PSE has always been known as a company to go the extra mile with customer service. I am glad to see that they are upholding the tradition.