Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
What seems to be the problem >

What seems to be the problem

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

What seems to be the problem

Old 12-04-2002, 04:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default What seems to be the problem

Ok here's the setup: .50 caliber 100 gr. pyrodex pellets 295 gr. powerbelt bullets. Shot two perfect bullseyes then tried a third shot and hit 6-7 inches straight left. What is going on? Could my scope have been bumped or what? I try to use the same amount of pressure with the ram rod every time. Could that be a problem also? Could I have just jerked before the shot or what? Thanks for the info.

Old 12-04-2002, 06:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What seems to be the problem

It could be any number of things. Shoot five more, and see what happens. Sometimes you get a flier.

Old 12-04-2002, 08:08 PM

03: had the same problem in both my inlines one a c.v.a. 50 cal. the other a 54cal by t/c with the powerbelt bullets will shoot a groupe of three or four rounds would allways pick up a flyer as much as 6 inch difference on paper well the answere was I don't use the powerbelt anymore switch over to percision sabots and problem is gone the only other thing I do shoot pyrodex select loose powder try another type of bullet and see what happens.
Old 12-04-2002, 08:17 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-05-2002, 07:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

I too noticed some fliers with Power Belts. But it did not happen when I was using Clean Shot powder.

Keep yore powder dry!!