Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Shooting sticks for ML hunt .... >

Shooting sticks for ML hunt ....

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Shooting sticks for ML hunt ....

Old 12-25-2006, 02:46 PM

Default RE: Shooting sticks for ML hunt ....

The best one I have usedis the Stoney Point Pole Cat. They make a two piece and a three piece. If you are over six feet, I recommend the two piece. It is a little taller when extendedout all the way, which I can use for offhand shooting. This is one of my "don't leave home without it" accessories.
Old 12-25-2006, 02:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

A lot of use here make a lot of the stuff we use. I could not find any commercial ones that would work in all the sititions I might use them in so I made my own.
I used the pole that telescoping poleoff the fly over the door on an old tent,trimed to use for a standing higth put a y on top and a foot peg at the bottom so I could push it into the ground for stabilityfolded all the way up its trimed just right for kneeling its aluminium is only about 5/8 inch dia, and very light.Lee
Old 12-25-2006, 03:04 PM

ORIGINAL: Roskoe

The best one I have usedis the Stoney Point Pole Cat. They make a two piece and a three piece. If you are over six feet, I recommend the two piece. It is a little taller when extendedout all the way, which I can use for offhand shooting. This is one of my "don't leave home without it" accessories.
Merry Christmas everyone...

Thanks for all the input. I picked up a pair of stoney point stix on Christmas Eve and got a chance to use them. They are amazing ...using the sticks I was hitting a pie pan size target at 150 yds and that is with a red dot sight!!! I bought the kneeling/sitting size. I am very pleased with the sticks. Thanks again everyone ...
Old 12-25-2006, 03:31 PM

Congratulations. I love to go to the range and leave the sand bags home and just take the stix. With a little practice 2-4" groups are easily attainable.
Old 12-26-2006, 06:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

I bought a mono-pod shooting stick at Dicks Sporting Goods for $20. I think it's made by Allen but wouldn't swear to it. It's fairly nice. Not sure how high it extends but it extends far enough for you to shoot from a standing position.

It compacts to about 24".
Old 12-26-2006, 03:37 PM
Fork Horn

I built one like this:

http://www.varmintal.com/abifu.htm