Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Omega Problem!!

Old 12-01-2006, 02:27 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Omega Problem!!

What about wrapping a hand warmer around it?

Last year the lock on the gate at my lease froze up.
I almost bent the key in half trying to get it to unlock.
I opened up 2 handwarmers and put the lock in between them, 10 minutes later it opened up.
Old 12-01-2006, 02:31 PM
Boone & Crockett

uckayak2_mn

That is exactly what I am talking about... I thought it also had a lubricant in it. Seems like the stuff I used on the snowmobiles did...
Old 12-01-2006, 03:44 PM

I think that I am going to put a little can of that in my hunting jacket for next year. I used to keep a little can in my jacket pocket during the Winter season. My friend and I were once ice fishing and when we left the lake and walked to shore, I guess our hands got too cold, we could not get the key in to turn the lock. I thought we might have to bust the window or freeze. When we finally got it open I carried one from then on. I believe it does contain some type of lube to prevent future freezing up. In MN just just carrying something from the warm house to outside can cause problems with stuff freezing up. You brought up a good point to avoid future headaches.

Mike
Old 12-01-2006, 05:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well when someone tries it let us know the WD 40 works ok but always looking for some thing better I use it about 3 times a day in the conditions sabotloader was talking about once a day otherwise. Lee