Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Genesis

Old 11-03-2006, 09:46 AM

Default RE: Genesis

ORIGINAL: outdoorslover

It's a pile of junk if you ask me and is way over priced. It says right on the barrel "imported by Traditions firearms", so that should answer your question. I found it at Sportsmans Guide for like $150. It was a Traditionsbut the same exact gun.All you're paying for is the name on it and would be much better off with a TC or Knight. Just stating my opinion.

Wow this guy knows his stuff. I mean getting a great gun for a fair price, what a terrible concept. Also I would be interested in seeing that exact gun in the form of a traditions because I have never seen the "TorchCam" action on a traditions firearm.
Old 11-03-2006, 10:25 AM

Everyone has opinions on guns. All I did was share mine. I did not say that getting a good gun for a great price was wrong. What I said was that the REMINGTON was a ripoff because you can find the same gun with a Traditions name for much less. However, judging by Traditions standing in the muzzleloader society, I do not recommend the Remington because it is made by Traditions. If you had any knowledge of guns you'd know that Traditions firearms have had more problems than any other manufacturer on the planet. It's no miracle that their name disappeared from Cabela's catalogs. By the way, the gun is called the Tradition's Yukon and is $140 at www.sportsmansguide.com. The stock number is LX6P-106471.That should answer your question. Tell me when you find it.
Old 11-03-2006, 12:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Traditions isn't a manufacturer at all (to my knowledge). Ok, argue!
Old 11-03-2006, 02:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Underclocked learned something new!

http://www.traditionsfirearms.com/tips.asp#72

Who makes Traditions' guns?
Traditions muzzleloaders are manufactured by Ardesa of Spain. The O/U and SxS shotguns are made by Fausti Stefano and Emilio Rizzini, both of Italy. The ALS 2100 series shotguns are made in Turkey by ATA.
Old 11-03-2006, 02:50 PM

Exactly,andmostcompanieswho can't even manufacture their own products only have junk. That's why the Genesis isn't a good rifle. My bad for callingTraditions a"manufacturer". You just stated my point better, though. I'm through arguing.
Old 11-03-2006, 06:17 PM

I love my traditions kentucky. I also bought the frontier gander barrel off ebay going on 3 years ago and built a stock for it. That one was accurate .36 cal. Screwed up and used a pine stock.Crrrraack! Dang tree! Oh well, i'll be using maple on the new one. I cant complain about traditions though, My brother in law and i may go half ways and buy his young a traditions inline and get him into it. First i have to let him shoot mine and see if i can get him hooked.