Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 T/C Shockwave superglide >

T/C Shockwave superglide

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

T/C Shockwave superglide

Old 07-29-2006, 02:41 PM
Typical Buck

Default T/C Shockwave superglide

These sabots have a 2 petal design.Has anyone tried them,and are they better than the 4 petal designs as far as accuracy?Thanks!
Old 07-29-2006, 03:30 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: T/C Shockwave superglide

ORIGINAL: ranchand99

These sabots have a 2 petal design.Has anyone tried them,and are they better than the 4 petal designs as far as accuracy?Thanks!
I've tried them in a head to head with the standard Shockwave. The old Shockwave produced as good or better groups, and loading was about the same. I think this is a gimmick is all. Then again it is fun to experiment.
Old 07-29-2006, 04:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Gimmick appears to be a kind word. I heard a couple of reports that these Superglides can't even hold up as well as the prior ones.

Wonder why Del doesn'trecommend to T/C thatthe three petal sabots would be the better choice? I can't see the three petal as being more costly to producethanthe two-petals? The slightly thinner 3P polymer should offset the third cutting blade costs.

But then again... what do I know
Old 07-29-2006, 07:40 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks guys!Would you recommend the standard T/CShockwaves over the Hornady SST?
Old 07-29-2006, 07:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Shockwaves are easier to load. They use a thinner sabot than the SSTs. If you still have difficulty loading any sabot/bullets that use the black 45/50 sabot, buy MMP-three petals from their website @mmpsabots.com (or) purchase either the regular Harvester sabots or the Harvester crush ribs. They are easier to find in stores.

http://www.cabelas.com/products/Cpod0012633.jsp
Old 07-29-2006, 08:53 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks 777,I always heard the thinner sabots were better.My friend bought an Omega Z5 package from Wally world for 298 w/ bullets and everything but powder.It comes with 20-250gr T/C Shockwaves.I think I'll get the same package,and use the same bullets that come with it.Thanks again!
Old 07-30-2006, 11:26 AM
Fork Horn

The SST bullets are packaged with MMP HPH/12 sabots. They shoot like match bullets but are very hard to load in my Revolution II. Going to get some of the thinner HPH/24 sabots and see how they shoot.

I wish the they would bulk package the SST and Shockwave bullets without sabots so you can make your own choice of sabots without getting stuck with what they package up with them.
Old 07-30-2006, 11:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

ranchand99,What Triple Se7ensaid is correct,but believing that you are just getting started I will add a bit. Due to the lack of standards in the muzzleloading industry bore sizes even TC are somewhat flaky you will need to match sabot size to your individual barrel and their are a bunch. If you start by trying the sizes available to you from friends before buying it might save you some time and money. I personally would try the Mpp 12,the shock wave, the mpp 24 the standard harvestor and the crush rib.
In my Newest the 12 is to tight [hard to load] but will shoot ok the Shock wave is a little tight and will shoot one hole groups when I dont mess up. The 24 shoots almost as good and loads real easy and the crush rib is sloopy and wont hold a group. A little bigger [only a thousandth] could very well change what it needs to shoot good; I suggest try all keep records, its fun. Lee

Old 07-31-2006, 07:02 PM
Typical Buck

Well,I have been muzzleloading for 8 years,and have been lucky enough to take 18 deer(including 2 I mounted)with my .50 cal Traditions Buckhunter Pro,and powerbelts,but I am wanting to step it up this year however since scopes will be legal,and I have not researched enough on long range muzzleloading..(150-200yds).So I am in a sense new to that,and I am thankfull for all of the help ya'll have given me.Thanks again!