Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

T/C Shockwave ???

Old 01-22-2006, 10:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default T/C Shockwave ???

I have a new T/C Omega and have decided to try the T/C shockwave bullets in the 250 gr. 5 of these bullets came with the gun and I bought 3 more boxes. When I got home I saw the ones that came with the gun had a yellow tip, the ones I bought had a blue tip. Is there a difference in the two other than the color and if there is what is it. thanks for your time and responds. Mike
Old 01-22-2006, 11:18 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: T/C Shockwave ???

Look on the end of thebox of the Shockwaves you purchased and make sure they are for a .50 caliber. It will state, 50 caliber sabots and then give the weight of the projectile.. 250. The 200 grain I have still have a yellow tip as do the 250 grain. Maybe they changed colors. As long as they are for a .50 caliber you should be all right. I am not sure what color the Hornady SST's are anymore. I thought they were read.

My concern is you might have accidently purchaed Shockwaves for a .45 caliber is all.
Old 01-22-2006, 11:57 AM
Fork Horn

I think cayugad is correct. Check what caliber they are. What color are the sabots? They are a diff color for the 200 grain shock waves for .50 cal.
Old 01-22-2006, 12:49 PM
Dominant Buck

In .50 caliber the (ones I have) 200 grain Shockwaves which I believe are a .40 caliber projectile come in a medium/dark blue sabot. The 250 grains Shockwaves which are .452 come with a blacksabot.
Old 01-22-2006, 12:58 PM
Fork Horn

Yep, mine too. Never really looked at the .45 cal sabots or tips.
Old 01-22-2006, 03:30 PM
Spike

I have a TC catalog right here and the blue tipped ones are new. They are called Bonded Shock Wave sabots and aremade to penetrate tough hide and bone with no separation of core and jacket. They come in 250 & 300gr. - 50 cal.
Old 01-22-2006, 03:38 PM
Dominant Buck

That's right, I forgot all about the bonded shockwaves... well those should make some interesting shooting. People are claiming the bonded are excellent for elk, bear, moose, and hogs.. what they would do on a deer would be intesting to learn.
Old 01-22-2006, 05:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Mike, the yellow tip are the old ones the blue tip are the new bonded core, they are supposed to hold together more like the copper when you slam them into a deers ribs @ 2000fps. They are supposedto shoot the same.Lee
Old 01-23-2006, 10:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

OK thanks guys I really thought I blew it there and I was just going to have to go blow them off (That would have been too bad spending a day shooting) I think I will just do that anyway. that is if we ever get any weather here. Up here in the North east it seems like Jan-March is a wash for any outside activitys. but you can bet when the weather breaks I will be breaking in that new Omega. Thanks again Mike
Old 01-23-2006, 02:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Mike, look forward to it,it got close to 60 here in AR today and I was out on the range again. It was my special time to try 250 Shock Waves in my new Omega;I shot every 10 gr.s from 100 to 150 and now that I lapped the barrel its really shooting my smallest group was 3/4 of an inch my largest was1.2 so it looks like I need to set up a 200yd range to sort out whats best. The 50/40 200 gr shot 7/8 inch with 150. In case you don't know I am shooting APP FF with a winchester primer.I hope they work as good on deer as they do on paper. Lee

Quick Reply: T/C Shockwave ???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.